Another speech-related medium-sized bug - if you give a speech, save the game & exit, then reload into the game, you can give another speech on the same turn, provided you have the political capital to do it.
- Drug addiction does not have any relation to private healthcare (opioid abuse is much-easier with private doctors using separate databases than one, universal, government-run database monitoring prescription amounts, and bogus luxury “rehab” centers also exist)
- Mortgage Tax Relief cost & impact should be relative to the amount of private housing
- Immigration Protests can occur when ethnic minorities are also patriots
- Ethnic minorities still become a huge amount of voters within 2 terms as the US short of drastic, extreme anti-immigrant measures
- mandatory national service, happiness of everyone, & low democracy do not affect immigration
- foreign nations bombing (the “foreign nation launches air strikes” event) does not affect immigration
- Biofuels do not negatively impact the Environment despite turning more forests into corn farms
Special suggestion as a real-life vegan who thinks the plant-based diets trackers could be revamped:
This non-scientific poll of vegan users of a website was pretty helpful. Why People Go Vegan: 2019 Global Survey Results – VomadLife.com
- the people who go vegan for the environment could be reflected well. The more environmentalists there are, the more popular plant-based diets are. Source: Snapshot: Few Americans Vegetarian or Vegan (gallup.com) (note that in the US, environmentalists are generally part of the Democratic Party here)
- many vegans are young people. So membership in Youth could make plant-based diets more popular. Source: Snapshot: Few Americans Vegetarian or Vegan (gallup.com)
- enhanced animal rights (IE hunting & farming policies) may reduce the amount of plant-based diets, as potential vegans have less reason to feel bad for the animals
- potential dilemma: how to label almond milk. Dairy producers favor banning plant-based alternatives from using animal-based terminology (like “veggie burger” and “soy milk”) as a way to, allegedly, protect consumers from product confusion. Plant-based product companies counter that it’s more to decrease their market share. See Word ‘milk’ banned for use in branding of plant-based products - News - Farmers Guardian (fginsight.com) for example in the UK.
- the mad cow disease event could have many more people adopt plant-based diets
- the impact of hunting policy could be increased/decreased based on the amount of plant-based diets
I guess that there needs to be a sense of universalism in D4?