Little Pack of Important Suggestions

I will make as much as I can compressed, yet understandable…

Races [config]:
use_unrestricted_modules = 1 => default is 1. If 0 then race can’t use modules that doesn’t “restricted” row.
custom_debris = new_debris.dds => allows use of custom debris graphics.
escapepod = new_escapepod.dds => allows use of custom escape pod graphics. Replaces “escapepodid” row.
repairbot = new_repairbot .dds => allows use of custom repair bot graphics. Replaces “repairbotid” row.
contrail = new_contrail .dds => allows use of custom repair bot graphics. Replaces “repairbotid” row.
music_defense = protect.ogg => msuic, that player hears, when fights against this race. Replaces 'music" row.
music_offense = attack.ogg => music, that player hears, when playing for this race. If this row not added, used “music_defense” of races, that is attacked by you (vanilla mode).

Weapons [config]:
custom_missile = new_missile.dds => custom missile texture, like custom bullet texture. SIM_MissileModule only.
custom_plasma = new_plasma.dds => custom plasma texture, like custom bullet texture. SIM_PlasmaLauncherModule only.
custom_limpet = new_limpet.dds => custom limpet texture, like custom bullet texture. SIM_LimpetLauncher.
custom_radiation = new_radiation.dds => custom radiation effect texture. Affects missile/bullet if playload is RADIATION.
custom_flare = new_flare.dds => custom flare texture for missile/rocket. SIM_MissileModule only.
custom_trail = new_trail.dds => custom trail texture for missile/rocket. SIM_MissileModule only.
custom_splines = new_splines.dds => custom splines texture for missile/rocket. SIM_MissileModule only.
lightning_speed = 200 => how much time takes to switch between lightning texture frame in milliseconds. SIM_LightningGunModule only.
ecm_sound = new_zapper.ogg => sound for EMP gun, really needs one. SIM_ECMShockModule only.
cloak_sound = something_epic.ogg => sound of cloaking/decloaking of ship. SIM_CamoflageShieldModule only.

Well, thats all for now, what I’ve remembered at 4:00 AM, before going to work :slight_smile:

Awesome list of suggestions, hopefully cliff will make reality some of them :slight_smile:

The level of difficulty to add these functions to GSB are same as adding custom bullet graphics or new damage type. Because it’s Cliff’s game engine, only he knows how hard or how easy it will be :slight_smile:

I’m adding this to the next patch:
9) Support for modding plasma torpedoes to use style CUSTOM and plasma_texture = “texture.dds” for custom effects

Oh hell yeah! Thanks Cliff!! =D

Now the big question, will the custom plasma textures be animated the way the standard plasma is? Because I assume that will make a huge difference in the type of texture one chooses for new plasma weapons.

I like it either way.

I assumed people would not want that, so it’s just an un-animated sprite that flies through space.

well, there are a few people that would like animated custom plasma sprites