[Locked][Bug 1.13] Map Editor Crashes, Bugs and Problems

Don’t use the Map Editor. Like not at all. Not even to fiddle a little bit. Nothing. You only risk to crash the game and in the worst case you render the game unloadable (happened to me once too). And I would recommend Cliff to completely deactivate the ingame map editor until he gets around to implement it properly.

If you want to play a custom map… do it offline with a text editor on a copied/backed up mission file… that way if you change something and the game crashes you can remove the file or change what you did wrong. The format is quite easy to understand so it should be easy to figure out how to manually make a map that suits your tastes.

They are found under “C:\Program Files\Production Line\data\missions” … or wherever you installed the game.

The preview pictures for the missions are under “C:\Program Files\Production Line\data\bitmaps” … but you can leave the wrong preview reference in a mission.txt if you don’t care about the aesthetics of the preview picture shown in the mission menu.

Hey MeduSalem do you mind uploading your mission_mega.txt ? I want to see if it fixes it with a default one.

If you don’t have the default file its fine, I can reinstall, just wanted to test this.

Here… Hope it helps… I’m quite sure it should.
mission_mega.txt (2.64 KB)

I’ve had no problems so far with adding/removing import and export slots, as long as I keep the rooms as they are. (Note that I am talking about map generation – not changing the map mid-game).

Also, reinstalling the game from the installer should replace the default maps.

Yeah that did it, it works fine now. Thanks man.

Players beware! Always make a backup. :smiley:

For those with this issue, here are all the defaults attached so you don’t have to reinstall.
mission_mega.txt (2.64 KB)
mission_small.txt (1.24 KB)
mission_budget.txt (1.44 KB)
mission_giant.txt (1.8 KB)
mission_medium.txt (1.1 KB)

I updated and now all my save games have failed

Hi,

typical for playing with modified maps but hard to say without any information.
Please take a look into the Bug Report Guideline and add some more informations.

There is another topic pending related to loading savegames you may want to take a look.

I am sorry I should have included more information. It does not seem to be the same games that is the problem so much as custom maps. Every time I edit a map the game fails with the following data. Im editing the maps the same as I always have. I do not know what I’m doing incorrectly
On buildable zone type…sim_misson cpp 235

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ProductionLine.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 58af523e
Fault Module Name: ProductionLine.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 58af523e
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 000cce42
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= … cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

hmmm, the map editor is not working properly atm.
As soon as you modify a map and update the game all changes will be lost due to the reset of the maps. But without the modifications your savegames will not work anymore.

There is a change to the mapeditor in the next update which will prevent the overwrite of standard maps.
So sorry for your trouble but I think this topic can be closed.

Dear Dev team,

I have found a little bug in the map Editor. When I select the rent “price box” and press the backspace key, the price gets deleted but also part of the name of the “name box” ontop.

Hope it helps, for the next release

As MaN1aC also pointed out… the map editor is buggy and using it may render save games (and in some cases even the entire game) unloadable.

The problem there is that currently the maps depend heavily on the original map design they were started with. So If you edit the map design later on all previous maps that depended on the design may become crippled since the information they depended on has changed or been removed and that’s when the game doesn’t know what to do anymore… which usually results in a crash.

… Merged threads together …

Somebody that can help me

Hi, do not use the level editor. It is very buggy right now (improvements coming next week!)
If you reinstall the game and use the stock levels, it will all be fine :smiley:

Hi All

We need an option for a blank map so we can edit it to what ever size we like.
not sure if that is possible.

It may remove some of the issue’s that are there now.

regards
ozpush

from the land downunder

Hey. tried to edit my mission and after that i gett this error (see pic)

what to do?

-xXMrSimpleXx

OKey so i fix the problem.

Delete every file, also in \Users\Username\Documents\My Games\productionline

and then re-install the game!

Thanks to Cliffski, for the help!

So the editor is a bit bugged so do not use it befor cliffski say it’s fixed!

This might have been caused by extra files in your save folder which is known to cause errors if you click the load button. For next time.

The map editor is quite buggy, so I recommend not editing maps for the time being until Cliff says it is safe to do it… because currently it might break the game entirely in some cases. It can be fixed by reinstalling/using a backup of the files.

… Merged threads together …

I finally found time today to code a whole bunch of fixes for the editor, so expect it to be usable (but still ugly and no tutorial) in 1.14 :smiley:

I keep getting this error when creating custom missions:

“Unknown Building Zone Type…/src/SIM_Mission.cpp 269”

I happens whenever I create a zone. I tryed everything.

Also the game should not allow the user to save something that will have an error later.
I have to find the savefile in my documents and delete it manually, otherwise the game becomes unplayable. (doesn’t allow to enter the menu anymore whithout getting that error)

Custom mission attached.
MEGA.txt (696 Bytes)