M&M won't queue for download. Game won't reinstall.

Bought the DLC but it won’t download in Steam. It just keep rescheduling a start time whenever it reaches the current scheduled time. I tried forcing it into the queue but it just flickers up and back down out of the queue. I tried all the update modes in properties for the game: Auto on, Auto off, High priority. This is the steam downloads page.

http://i.imgur.com/a6b7uJI.png
I tried using the Img tags but that cut the image in half.

Tried reinstalling the game. I uninstalled but when I try to reinstall I get this error.

Is it because my steam copy is from a key I got for buying the game early before steam? Is this more a steam support issue than something you can fix or tell me how to fix?

There is no difference between keys bought during the beta stage and keys purchased right now, they are from the exact same list. I believe this is more a question for Steam support given that it is an issue with the actual download process. I’m sure they’ll be able to help.

One thing I would try if I ran into this issue with any game is:

1. Uninstall the game
  2. Navigate to “SteamApps” folder, normally here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common

1. Manually delete the Big Pharma folder, if any. That way you’re sure you have a completely clean starting point.
  2. Try reinstalling the game.

Failing that, I would contact Steam support. I’m confident you’ll be able to get this sorted.

Tim