Man I suck (Challenging myself)

I’m so glad this is possible. It brings an entirely new dimension to the game.

I was going to post a question if this is possible, but instead I just tried it and it works great!

Basically, you can issue a challenge to yourself. I’ve found it a great learning experience as a test bed to try different things out.

Yeah, I’ve done that for testing a few things. It would be nice if there were a simpler way to do it without going through the challenge system, though. Just a button on the deployment screen to assign your current fleet to the opponent and start setting up your side again.

Excellent suggestion. I’d imagine it would be close to trivial to implement.

This would be tons of fun (and would let you test a fleet against some of your other deployments very quickly, to see just how ‘unbeatable’ that challenge you were about to put up really is :smiley: )

sadly not, but not a complete nightmare either. Something I should look into, for sure.

That would be a sweet feature.

Though I’d make it it’s own entry line on the battle screen. Call it skirmish something.

With a “Switch Sides” button.
TFM

hmm… i can challenge myself, but not with mod-created ships. I can’t challenge myself if i, say, have a single star destroyer (star wars mod) on my map. if i have only normal ships, i can. i want to do a star wars battle of my own making! EDIT: now i can’t even issue challenges at all. which sucks.

I’ve challenged myself with modded ships and had mixed results. It’s a great way to test your ideas against ifferent fleets of your specification.
With some depoyments it worked, others didn’t. I don’t know why.

I’d imagine it would be close to trivial to implement. This would be tons of fun (and would let you test a fleet against some of your other deployments very quickly, to see just how ‘unbeatable’ that challenge you were about to put up really is :smiley: )

uconn.edu/
http://www.test-king.com/onlinecourses/COMPASS.htm
harvard.edu/
http://test-king.com/
smith.edu/