Milestones, Teasers and Trailers.

Made some major progress on that model I showed off yesterday, in fact it looks little like it did before.

imgur.com/a/7Do85#0

It was somewhat inspired by the Planetside 2 Reaver : img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012 … Reaver.gif

Bit of something I’ve been working on today:

i.imgur.com/aIuZPfZ.png

It’s not for the mod I’ve been more recently working on, and what it’s actually for is a bit of an attempt to try something a bit different, though I won’t be releasing a whole lot in the way of details until I’ve made more and finalized more of the details.

When is that going to be finished? I can’t even find a thread that I can check regularly for progress. I really want to use what appears to be a giant HAL 9000.

It will be a while, owing to RL pressures and the fact that just building the Devastator’s hull (to my standards anyway) is not a simple task. At the moment I would estimate I am around 40% done with it. But I do fully intend to finish it up and get it out there. :slight_smile:

40 % done, 2 years ago…

by my calculation, that should mean it’ll be done 2-3 years from now.

Damn. I wan to use such a huge ship just for s#%*s and giggles. Also, what sort of map would be able to field such a monster?!

The 40% estimate includes some progress made since I posted the last teaser. Really it’s a matter of getting a week or so with sufficient time to devote to the cause. I’ve got the broad strokes already laid out, it’s just filling in the outlines (both graphically and mechanically) that’s proving to be such a time hog.

A very large one. >:)

Hm. Fair enough. I find it…disappointing though, when I see an awesome trailer or the progress of a mod in development, then can’t download it. Same problem I have with Yoma :frowning:

O.o

'kay den. Time to create a new overpowered power generator with which to fill my ships with Orbital MACs.

Also, will it be involved in an NPC scenario? I want to see how Praetorian Industries’ Leviathans would do fighting this :smiley:

I’m with you here. If all this “real life” garbage would leave me alone, I could actually get the important stuff done. :wink:

In point of fact, the main intent of the Devastator is to be one NPC scenario. I may go so far as to “hide” all the Devastator modules like I did with The Enemy (http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9970), since there will only be a few hulls available anyway (and as noted, the Devastator itself is not deployable on most if not all of the standard maps).

Ah! A boss battle. Interesting…

Perhaps I could try pitting an Empire fleet against it. I’m practically 99% done with a new mod which essentially just buffs the Empire. Seriously. I need like, half an hour more and I’m done. So I wonder how the IWP Soulfire beams will do against such a…

…a…

…O.o

What class of ship is that?! Larger than PInd Leviathans I’m guessing. What could possibly be larger O.o

If pressed, I would give it a “Planetoid” class. Really, one of the toughest parts of battling (and balancing) the Devastator is the lack of Z-value in GSB and how it interacts with large hulls. Since fighters are the only class capable of actually flying across the hull, and a weapon has to reach to the target’s centroid in order to fire, I have to be careful not to make it so large that most of the available cruiser/frigate weapons can’t reach the centroid from the edge.

wow. Good point. I suppose that’s why there aren’t mega-boss-battles; they’d be indestructible just because of their size lol.