Just bought the game yesterday and I’m enjoying it so far. I’ve kept a note of some of the (pretty minor) bugs that I’ve found in 1.11, not sure if this is useful (since it’s mainly trivial stuff) but WTH.
System: Q6600, 4GB memory, Geforce 8800GTX (190.62 drivers + August 09 DX), Onboard sound, Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[size=150]Things that annoyed me[/size]
- I’ve had a lot of alt-tab failures where GSB doesn’t restore fullscreen but instead comes up as a full size empty window that just contains black (seems like it only occurs in battles after the view has been scrolled from its default position).
- In battles the mousewheel zooms to the screen centre instead of the cursor.
- The tutorial got stuck at “Now close the orders window”, after closing the orders window the tutorial window remained on screen, I had to press escape to close the tutorial.
- Ship hull tutorial section flashes (temporary white border) the wrong screen section.
- Main menu button on Deploy screen goes to mission menu not main menu.
- Dragging and holding the minimap view against the edge makes the starfield flicker like crazy.
- In the stats screen had a destroyed frigate listed as having 1% hull remaining.
- Long text in save deployment naming box overflows it (and does something really strange if there are no spaces in the text).
- Clicking outside the minimap (e.g. on the Speed 1x area) moves the viewport as if the minimap was clicked.
- Different snap-to-grid in mass deploy mode (you can’t see where it’s going to snap to until you release the button unlike in normal deploy).
- Allow cut/copy/paste/etc in textboxes (nice for the registration key box).
- Add “Continue Battle” button (plays out rest of fight, maybe with losing side trying to run) and “Next Mission” buttons to the victory screen.
- In Deploy screen auto select highest unlocked/uncompleted mission.
- Key to return to default speed (maybe num keys 1, 2, 3, 4 for those speeds).
- Add an entry to Games Explorer in Vista.
- On the statistics screen, visually distinguish which ships in the fleet were damaged/destroyed so you can see at a glance how your fleet fared.
Only tried this tactic with the first 7-8 normal missions so far but all of them have been beatable by simply laying down as many Tutorial Cruisers as can be afforded.