missing info in .CSV files

First of all, my game works fine.

I’ve been attempting a mod to balance a few things around racial tension (mainly that it exists and has effect even when no minorities are present) so I wanted to make it parabolically proportional to ethnic minorities membership (peak racial tension exists at 50% of the population).

Anyway, my simulations.CSV file is present, and aside from being a jumbled excel nightmare, is notably missing certain simulations like racial tension and immigration. (There’s only 9 present)

I’ve activated a few mods, but none of them seem to affect simulations. Even if they did, it shouldn’t affect the original file. I attempted to use a GUI mod maker I found on the forums, but even that wouldn’t let me change values of racial tension or immigration.

I’ve seen other .csv’s which have everything in them, but mine are different. What’s up?

Hi xMyStEr,

if you would like to change or update an existing simulation in ‘Democracy 3’, maybe the ‘override-feature’ could help.

I don’t know at the moment, if this method could help you, but here is my thesis:

Create the following folders in your mod:

• \data\missions\
  • \data\missions\germany (name of the country, which would you like to change)
  • \data\missions\germany\overrides

In this overrides-folder you can create a new *.ini file with the following code:

[override] TargetName = "Name of the policy, simulation or group, which should be updated" HostName = "RacialTension Equation = "0-(0.07*x)" Inertia = 0

Create for each country a separate folder in the ‘mission-folder’ and copy the *.ini file into the ‘overrides-folder’.

This *.ini file could override the existing simulation.
Maybe this could work.

Another possibilty could be to create script-files for each country. With their help you can change some values for the start of a new game/country and you can activate/deactivate policies.

Create the following folders in your mod:

• \data\missions\
  • \data\missions\france(name of the country, which would you like to change)
  • \data\missions\france\scripts

Create a *.txt-file in this folder and use the following example-code:

CreateGrudge(Name of Country,_hidden_,Name of policy or simulation,Value,1,0);

For example:

CreateGrudge(France,_hidden_,RacialTension,0.25,1,0);

-> this would increase the simulation ‘RacialTension’ for France with the value +0.25 (25 %)

Create for each country a separate folder in the ‘mission-folder’ and copy the *.txt file into the ‘scripts-folder’.

The last strategy could be to create a new country with he same preferences like the exists countries and with your ‘override files’ in ‘Democracy 3’.

Manual:
http://positech.co.uk/democracy3/modding_countries.html
http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8579

At the moment, I could not proof my thesis for this coding.
I hope, I could help you and I hope, this method will be successful.