Missing venues file?

Heylo, been working on a bunch of Canadian mods, but I just noticed something in the dir.txt file … it says I should have a venues.csv file, but I don’t have one. Am I supposed to?

It may be the version I have, although I’m not sure because I downloaded it from ArcadeTown.
I can have a relationship in the game, and I can purchase a gift, but I can’t seem to give the gift to my gf/bf. Something get screwed up in my .csv files, perhaps? I understand the csv files well, so if someone can check this lines and tell me if there is something wrong, let me know.

In my social_events.csv file

#,ROMANTIC,candlelitmeal,Candlelit Meal,“Fine wine, posh food, romantic atmosphere…”,meal,data/sounds/gigglekiss.ogg,"_random,1.0",How about you and me have a nice romantic meal? I’ll pay of course.,40,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,#,“food,0.7”,“conversation,0.4”,“alcohol,0.4”,#,“stress,-0.3,0.3”,#,"_romance,1.0",
#,ROMANTIC,romanticmovie,Romantic Movie,A slushy love story. With popcorn.,movie,data/sounds/gigglekiss.ogg,"_random,1.0",How about I treat you to a nice romantic movie? Just the two of us.,40,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,#,“movies,1.0”,#,“stress,-0.3,0.3”,“boredom,-0.25,0.5”,#,"_romance,1.0",
#,ROMANTIC,snugglingoncouch,Snuggling On Couch,Just the two of us and the tv…,living room,SOCFLAG_HOMEBASED,data/sounds/gigglekiss.ogg,"_random,1.0",How about we stay in tonight and snuggle on the couch while watching tv?,0,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,#,“television,1.0”,“conversation,1.0”,#,“stress,-0.1,0.4”,“glob_dirt,0.06,1.0”,“boredom,-0.35,0.5”,#,"_energy,0.05",

In my assets.csv file

#,sim_gift,gift,Romantic Gift,general,Remind your partner how much you love them,ass_gift.bmp,64,64,79.95,0,“STEALABLE,SELLABLE,REBUYABLE”,#,#,

Anything missing?

I haven’t looked thoroughly at your posted csv files but:

-which program do you use to edit those files?

-when you buy a romantic gift you don’t need to do anything else… your partner will call and say thanks

-dir.txt, as far as I can tell, does nothing. Kudos and Rock Legend both have this same file (both 287k, both last modified 3/21/06 )

see also this post for the official answer to the dir.txt/venues.csv issue: positech.co.uk/newforum/viewtopic.php?t=884

venues.csv is a file that is in Rock Legend; I surmise that cliffski was expanding Kudos to include ‘venues.csv’, listing places you could play if you took the music route, when he got the idea for KRL… just a guess.

This is the post I was looking for; The date on those files (dir.txt) is March 21 and on December 29 cliffski said “… rock star mods… are under construction in a big way” (I only was looking for that and added that sentence to verify that the “dir.txt” file was created before cliffski mentioned KRL)

I removed dir.txt from the kudos/data/simulation folder and nothing much happened so I purport that, whereby it’s existence is optional, the content thereof matters not either (although, I did notice some crashing before full load when trying to load a previous game but haven’t yet ruled out side-effects of the fact that my primary Kudos installation is in severe disarray)

Thanks. The venues thing makes sense.

How long do I need to wait until my gf/bf finally clues in that I bought them a gift?

Once you’ve bought the gift, the friend should answer immediately with one of these :

[ROMANCE_GIFT] 0 = "For me? Thankyou!, that's so kind!" 1 = "Thanks for the gift, I appreciate it." 2 = "Thanks for the present." 3 = "Another gift, how predictable."

I’ve not seen No.3 yet :exclamation:

She usually calls while I’m still in the store. I buy dog food, maybe a book and whatever else I need then buy the gift last, the phone rings while I’m still looking at the store so I leave and answer the phone and she says one of the strings Rocky posted (I’ve seen’em all)

How do you buy a gift? I don’t see any option for doing that when I go shopping. Or is this yet another feature that’s missing from the ArcadeTown version of the game?

Is it possible to buy an upgrade to the real version somehow?

I haven’t got the ArcadeTown version but to shop for the gift you need to be in a relationship.

Well, yes, I figured that.

My girl has a red heart next to her name and a nice wide white line – she deserves a present! :slight_smile: