[MOD] Ancient vs Microbe v1.01

Astonishing. From “Vague potential” to “foundations of a frightening mod-race” in just 18 posts. :smiley: I’m surprised at just how sinister these plant-ships appear. Please continue!

Wow nice indeead mate this is looking great. They do look realy crapy in that alien type sence. i wonder what Cliffski thinks about them.

2 new weapons. Shield color also changed to purple.

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :smiley:
awesome stuff man, keep up the good work
and i really love the beam

P.S.: yes,i am indeed drunk

New Cruiser. I am thinking about replacing my previous melon cruiser with this.

its way cooler than the melon one,but keep it in too,no reason to remove a perfectly good vegetable…

Really cool designs you’ve made there 123stw. I will be looking forward to the finished mod.

Have you thought of creating new sprites for their turrets?

I might get to it eventually, but have a lot of things I wanted to do first (such as another frigate hull). Alliance turrets will have to do for the time being.

alliance turret sprites look organic enough as far as im concerned…
btw could you make a poison/acid spitter weapon when you get to it? :slight_smile:
something with the appropriate “spit” sound,just for the lol-factor

I suppose poison can be done through the radiation effect. It will probably have low shield penetration but high armor penetration (you can’t melt shields after all). The graphic will be a problem though, since missile/beams/plasma doesn’t look particularly poisonous, and I don’t know how to make a new weapon type. Maybe SIM_BulletWeaponModules might work.

In the meantime, here’s a new frigate anti air weapon.

i cant imagine how effective would that be tbh… but it sure looks nice
kinda like spaceflies on steroids :stuck_out_tongue:

and the concept of slow “mine-like” weapons is interesting too,just has the issue of scram/PD in this game i think

While I got an acidic image done, I couldn’t get it to fire in game. I tried plasma and bullet but end result looks nothing like the sprite. Anyone know a way to fire the image as is without distortion?

to use this graphic, you could go into bullet.dds and replace one of the 8 images there - (the blue bullet can not be used)
Then when you edit the module, set color to match whatever location you placed it in (0-7)

This is not an ideal solution since you are replacing an original file install file.
However this is the only method i have found that works (in my case it was to introduce twin turbo laser graphics.)

BTW I really like the graphic - Looks great :slight_smile:

Thanks, though I don’t think I will replacing original files. So I put that on hold for now.

Anyway here’s an attempt at damaged hull. Pretty much did what cliffski put up, except replacing flame with rotten leaves (flames don’t look right on these ships).

guys please (especially you darkstar),do NOT replace original files in any way,that makes the mods incompatible with almost anything else and i really dont like when that happens…
i imagine others wont like that either and therefor less people will be inclined to use it

personally i want to match mods against mods (Scavenger vs Starwars ftw!) and combine things i like… if you touch the original files you make that impossible
so,however i like shiny stuff,if you have to remove “some” quality in order to make it compatible,imho its worth it

Never fear Thunderbird, i am trying my hardest not to change any of the original files with my mod
Hence why i stopped work on the mod “biggunz”. It made to many changes to the original files and therefore caused to many problems.

As for damage . . lasers and plasma would burn anything organic . . so there cuold be flames / smoke
Or maybe change the flame colour to green or white to represent the sap / ichor in the damaged parts ?

I would suggest a overall more rottenness to it, rather than it in patches, get paintdotnet if you dont and muck around in the effects etc…

Can’t find any tutorial for making rotting effects… Gonna dig around worth1000 to see if I find something similar. I might figure out something eventually.

And while I do have paint.net, I primary use gimp for editing. It is a more powerful image modifying tool in general.

In paint.net try using the Photo Filter effects (Glow, and Soften portrate) and you can get a good ‘dead leaf’ color to it and it looks better if you adjest the hue, After that Then mess around with a ‘normal’ ship image under and the new ‘rotted’ one on top (layers) and mess around with the Alpha and Styles

After looking up on plant rotting some more, I notice different disease leads to different marking. So just adding random spots on it doesn’t look right.

Anyway here’s a new version, based on plants with black rot fungus.