I spent some time on programming a scenario-/ & challenge-editor for the game. First I want to show you some screenshots. Boring text follows afterwards
- Windows OS (32 or 64 bit) (only tested with Win7 32bit, though)
- At least .Net 4.5 Framework
- Big Pharma Game (duh)
- extract the zip-file to your Big Pharma directory, so that both files and the folder are on the same “level” as the game.exe
- start BP_Launcher.exe and enjoy
- It’s a very early prototype, so bugs are very likely. Reports are appreciated.
- A backup of the game-files is highly recommended!!!
- I don’t do much input-correction (just for now), so you could create challenges that don’t make sense, e.g. you could set a challenge to supply 100 “cures” which causes memory loss with a minimum rating of A.
- Same applies to scenario-parameters.
- I noticed that some user-created scenarios won’t start, this is probably caused by wrong (too low/high) input-parameters, feedback on that topic would help,too.
- The game-updater won’t work if you start the game via the launcher, however all changes to the game-files are only temporarly and the defaults will be restored after you exit the game, so the updater should should work if you start the game directly (or at least it isn’t my fault then ;))
- All user-created scenarios are located in the BPL_data folder => it’s possible to share them.
I hope the GUI is intuitive enough and self-explaining. However feel free to ask any questions or leave any suggestions.
BP_Launcher_V0.1.zip (40.5 KB)
- proper localization (only english for now)
- tooltips that explain all the input-parameter
- better input checking/correction
- more editors to easily create new game-content e.g. ingredients, research etc.