[MOD] Enhanced Empire

This mod is created for the express purpose of balancing the Empire.
It is balanced against the original game.
Do not complain if the Empire doesn’t then compete against mods.

Credit to Cliffski, the incredible programmer who created that without which none of this would be possible: Gratuitous Space Battles!
Credit to Darkstar for helping me through my modding troubles!
Credit to Praetors for the purple laser beam used in the enhanced beam laser!
Huge, HUGE credit to CaptainEpicFail, whose WIP mod inspired me to give my own take on buffing the Empire – my favourite race.

WELCOME, to my newest mod, and a heavily inspired one at that. I have to give a huge amount of credit to CaptainEpicFail and his thread “[MOD][WIP] So I’m having a go at buffing the Empire…”; the reason this mod exists is because CEF’s is not public. I took into account his methods of balancing, compared them to my own, and then put these new methods to work. IMPORTANT: This mod does NOT replace the original module files (EXCEPT the hull files, and this mod includes a backup copy of all the hull files), so if you have any troubles, just uninstall.

The highlight of this mod, in my opinion is two things.
Firstly, it was my first balancing attempt. Seriously. I didn’t even TRY to balance Dookcraft Laboratories pre-release.
Secondly, the STORY I’ve added to this mod (See the PDF file in the mod files ;D)

Detailed feature preview:

[size=125]I. ) [/size]Bonus changes:

Centurion - +10% Shields - +8% Speed - +10% Power - 2 power generated (Going to change when I balance frigates in 1.1) - Cost remains the same
Imperator - +10% Shields - +8% Speed - +50% Power - 10 power generated (ditto) - Ditto
Praetorian - +50% Shields - +20% Integrity - +20% Armour - 14 power generated - Ditto
Legion - +16% Shields - 10 Power generated - Ditto

Imperial Weapons Platform - +10% Shields - -100% Speed - 514 power generated (For the new weapons) - Ditto

Ballista - +12% Power - 2.1 power generated - Ditto
Phalanx - +14% Speed - 2 power generated - Ditto
Javelin - +13% Armour - 2.6 power generated - Ditto

[size=125]II. ) [/size]New weapons:

Sovereign Warbeam - 70 Armour Pen - 25 shield Pen - 3300 Fire interval - 75 damage - 120 hitpoints - 1000 / 300 Max / min range - 175 Cost - 30 Power - 17 Crew - 85 Weight
Storm Beamer - 31 Armour Pen - 13 shield Pen - 450 Fire interval - 20 damage - 120 hitpoints - 700 / 200 Max / min range - 150 Cost - 15 Power - 12 Crew - 103 Weight

Soulfire Deathbeam - 100 Armour Pen - 100 shield Pen - 10000 Fire interval - 1000 damage - 200 hitpoints - 1500 / 500 Max / min range - 350 Cost - 500 Power - 20 Crew - 75 Weight
Exothermic-Cruise-Missile Silo - 100 Armour Pen - 100 shield Pen - 4500 Fire interval - 500 damage - 200 hitpoints - 1500 / 500 Max / min range - 350 Cost - 500 Power - 20 Crew - 75 Weight

[size=125]III. ) [/size]Modules:

Micro Shielding - 20 Shieldpoints - 7 Resistance - 0 Recharge - 7 Power - 40 Cost - 5 Hitpoints - 3 Weight (Now I think about it, I should probably add some more hull points to one of the fighters. To do in 1.1)
Battle Shields - 310 Shieldpoints - 25 Resistance - 0.002 Recharge - 10 Power - 10 Crew - 95 Cost - 40 Hitpoints - 45 Weight

My favourite part of this mod is the Imperial Weapons Platform buff. The Platform now has two very powerful weapons that only it can equip. The ‘Soulfire Deathbeam’ is a beam laser of extreme strength with a hilariously slow reload. The ‘Exothermic-Cruise-Missile Launcher’ deals half as much damage but has just over double the fire rate, however it also has low tracking speed and it can be shot down.

I have also added several laser-based weapons, and a new shield. Finally, I have added several bonuses to all ships except the frigates. Those changes will be released at a later date.

So without further ado, I bring you, [size=150]The Enhanced Empire Mod![/size]
The download link:

[size=110]http://www.mediafire.com/download/6rxxazdtby4x1a8/Enhanced+Empire+Mod+V1.0.zip[/size]

If you have any suggestions, questions, comments, or feedback regarding this mod (ESPECIALLY if you believe that this balance mod requires balancing and doesn’t quite do the job) please leave a comment!

Enjoy the new and improved Enhanced Empire!

pics?

in depth explanation of what this mod does?

a list, at least?

what does mod do?!?

Oddly enough, it’s not letting me edit it. But there you go I suppose.

Bonus changes:
Centurion - +10% Shields - +8% Speed - +10% Power - 2 power generated (Going to change when I balance frigates in 1.1) - Cost remains the same
Imperator - +10% Shields - +8% Speed - +50% Power - 10 power generated (ditto) - Ditto
Praetorian - +50% Shields - +20% Integrity - +20% Armour - 14 power generated - Ditto
Legion - +16% Shields - 10 Power generated - Ditto

Imperial Weapons Platform - +10% Shields - -100% Speed - 514 power generated (For the new weapons) - Ditto

Ballista - +12% Power - 2.1 power generated - Ditto
Phalanx - +14% Speed - 2 power generated - Ditto
Javelin - +13% Armour - 2.6 power generated - Ditto

New weapons:
Sovereign Warbeam - 70 Armour Pen - 25 shield Pen - 3300 Fire interval - 75 damage - 120 hitpoints - 1000 / 300 Max / min range - 175 Cost - 30 Power - 17 Crew - 85 Weight
Storm Beamer - 31 Armour Pen - 13 shield Pen - 450 Fire interval - 20 damage - 120 hitpoints - 700 / 200 Max / min range - 150 Cost - 15 Power - 12 Crew - 103 Weight

Soulfire Deathbeam - 100 Armour Pen - 100 shield Pen - 10000 Fire interval - 1000 damage - 200 hitpoints - 1500 / 500 Max / min range - 350 Cost - 500 Power - 20 Crew - 75 Weight
Exothermic-Cruise-Missile Silo - 100 Armour Pen - 100 shield Pen - 4500 Fire interval - 500 damage - 200 hitpoints - 1500 / 500 Max / min range - 350 Cost - 500 Power - 20 Crew - 75 Weight

Modules:
Micro Shielding - 20 Shieldpoints - 7 Resistance - 0 Recharge - 7 Power - 40 Cost - 5 Hitpoints - 3 Weight (Now I think about it, I should probably add some more hull points to one of the fighters. To do in 1.1)
Battle Shields - 310 Shieldpoints - 25 Resistance - 0.002 Recharge - 10 Power - 10 Crew - 95 Cost - 40 Hitpoints - 45 Weight

thanks

No problem :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to second dafrandle’s thoughts here.

When creating a new mod, it is good to consider including some “steak” along with the publicity “sizzle”.

Thanks for adding a much-needed clarification in your subsequent post.

No problem – I wasn’t very awake when I wrote the first post, and for some reason it’s not allowing me to edit it ;-;

That’s a result of some of our anti-spam measures currently in place. Those spam-bots like to make a lot of short posts that initially seem harmless, wait up to several weeks later, and THEN suddenly edit their post content OR forum signature to become a solid wall of spam links. Or, they simply drop the subtlety and just bomb the hell out of this site all at once, which also stinks! The site leadership works hard to stop these sitewide spam attacks before they can happen, but no one is perfect.

The present situation of no-edit posting is also a big (though unintended) incentive for forum-folk to carefully think before they post. Don’t be too hasty!

As you were advised before today, try writing your larger posts in a text-editor program. When your planned text content is finished to your satisfaction, just copy the entire thing and then paste it directly into a new forum post.
This also has the advantage of never timing-out and drowning your post in the infinite void…

Anyhow, I’ll do you a big favor this time: I’ll add that mod clarification of yours to the first post in this thread, plus a bit of re-formatting for clearer emphasis to your readers.
But next time, please be sure to compose your longer contributions in a text-editor outside of your web browser. You’ll need to rely upon your own skill and patience. I’m not sure how long the present no-edit posting situation will have to be in effect.

K. Thanks :smiley: