[Mod] Fritolg Empire V1 (Download End of page 1)

Every know species treats them of “primitive”, “minor race”, or “appetizer” (The Parasite are the only one for the last.)
There ship barely fly in one pieces, use outdated energy generator, very light armour, and their cruisers carry 4 weapon maximum for the biggest.
Carrying a single shield or use energy weapon is for them a huge investment, with the investment of the whole ship generator (if not help by auxiliary one!)

And they are here to kick the butt of the “evolved” species!
Their pockets ships are quite fast, cheap, and with there hull boost, quite resistant (to stay in [size=50]approximately[/size] one piece).
They use good old kinetic cannon who need very few energy points.

Forget the word “Shield tank” with them [size=50](I know, it’s two word)[/size] because if you can put a light shield on a cruiser, it’s a maximum, and it will cost you “a lot” (compared to the “normal” cheap ship).

Expect 1.100 credit cruiser but 600 credit frigate (They have excellent frigate!)

There is only heavy frigate and heavy cruiser here.

I’m sorry for the Uni-T fleet of the diary who didn’t like, at all, a fleet of 70 cruiser and 60 frigate…

(I put the Xedilco Modding in sleep for now)

All the ship of the Fritolg Empire

By size:
Fighter:
Meteor fighter:
Main superiority fighter, equip with a high speed tracking, light AA cannon. It’s moving speed of 3.40 protect it from most of the weapons.

Comet bomber:
Cruiser hunter, equip with an high penetration cannon. Able to rip apart cruiser if it get under the shield.

Frigate:
Satellite light frigate:
Ultra light, cheap ship, equip with two weapons.
Standard armament: 2 AA canon
Common variation: 2 light Anti-Frigate cannon

Planet medium frigate:
Light, battle frigate, equip with three weapons.
Standard armament: 2 Anti-Armour Missile + 1 light Anti-Frigate cannon
Common variation: 2 light Anti-Frigate cannon + 1 light All purpose cannon

Star heavy frigate:
Medium, assault frigate, equip with four weapons.
Standard armament: 2 Torpedo + 2 light Anti-Frigate cannon
Common variation: 2 light Anti-Frigate cannon + 1 light All purpose cannon + 1 Rapid fire laser

Cruiser:
System light cruiser:
Ultra light, cheap ship, equip with two weapons.
Standard armament: 2 Anti shield Torpedo
Common variation: 2 All purpose cannon

Cluster medium cruiser
Light, battle cruiser, equip with three weapons.
Standard armament: 2 Anti-Frigate cannon + 1 Rocket launcher
Common variation: 1 Anti-Cruiser cannon + 1 Anti-Frigate cannon + 1 All purpose cannon

Universe heavy cruiser
Medium, assault cruiser, equip with four weapons.
Standard armament: 1 Anti-Cruiser cannon + 1 Anti-Frigate cannon + 1 All purpose cannon + 1 Light shield
Common variation: 1 Anti shield Torpedo +1 Anti-Cruiser cannon + 1 Anti-Frigate cannon + 1 All purpose cannon

Dimension fleet carrier
Large, hull tank, equip with four weapons and a large energy generator.
Standard armament: 3 Fast Missile Launcher + 1 Photon beam + 1 Light shield
Common variation: 2 Anti-Cruiser cannon + 2 All purpose cannon + 4 Carrier Bay

(I know, there is a typo in the picture, it’s corrected)

What did I do wrong?
I’m I a bit paranoid or I’m a bit ALONE in this topic? ^^’

Why is there no one who want to answer me… [cry]

Go ===>

I do like the looks of the ships you’ve got going here. Like the concept too. Stay the course! :slight_smile:

Another one that uses battleships forever nice, I LOVE the ships and the concept of a low tech race in very very interesting. I may have to experiment more with BSF and a low tech race based mod. Something that uses more armor, missiles, and projectile weapons over energy weapons and shields.

Really like the designs, especially some of the heavy frigates and light cruisers.

Warning! Warning! Warning!
Unknown ship detected in the Fritolg Empire fleet…
Sending last recon of our probes…

The Fritolg Multiverse Is here!
The biggest ship of the Fleet.
Even alone it is dangerous. It can take down our own cruisers in 1v2.
But it seam to be vulnerable to fighter strike and EMP attack.

A new feature of the Fritolg is the “Tri-fighter”, a small squad compose of three fighter or bomber commanded by a single pilot and two drones.
This permit to the Fritolg to deploy a larger fighter group than any know specie.

Interesting developments. Nice use of distrotions in the image. Yet another mod I look forward to seeing finished.

I really like everything I’m seeing here. I’m looking forward to this one quite a bit myself. :slight_smile:

I can’t believe that this idea had not occurred to me before. You’ve given me ideas, which is not always a good thing. I look forward to what your tri-fighters wind up looking like.

This is Sky Marshal Brightscale
Today, we fight the one who think they can kill us when ever they want.
Today is the day we fight for our Planets.
Today is the day we fight for our Emperor.
Today is the day we fight for our Honor!

Today, is the day of blood, cry and victory.

Intone our mighty 1356th legion anthem:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5sANHYp_IQ]Courage, Duty, Honor!

We call upon our troopers, in this our darkest hour, Our way of life is what we’re fighting for, The flag that flies above us, inspires us each day, To give our very best, in every way!

It’s a good day to die, When you know the reasons why, Citizens, we fight for what is right, A noble sacrifice, When duty calls, you pay the price, For the sake of Argon I will give my life!

Well all is fair in love and war, That’s what my sergeant says: You’re not alive unless you’re almost dyin’, These are the words I march by: Duty, Courage, Honor, Every single day and I’ve been tryin’!

It’s a good day to die, When you know the reasons why, Citizens, we fight for what is right, A noble sacrifice, When duty calls, you pay the price, For the sake of Argon I will give my life!

(Courage, Duty, Honor!)

The Argle, he flies high above us, The Argle, he makes our spirit soar, He gives me the strength to carry on, To fight, and win this war!

It’s a good day to die, When you know the reasons why, Citizens, we fight for what is right,

(Courage, Duty, Honor!)

A noble sacrifice, When duty calls, you pay the price, For the sake of Argon I will give my life!

(Courage, Duty, Honor!)

(Courage, Duty, Honor!)

For the sake of Argon I will give my life![/url]

Would you like to know more? DOWNLOAD NOW!

Argon: The Capital Planet of the Fritolg Empire
Argle: A rough equivalent of the Eagle. But with scale below the feather. Sharp teeth. a second pair of legs and wings. Acidic blood and 10 time as big… Ok, it’s not a equivalent ^^’

hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster and i have to say that this mod is quite good. i like how the super limited power generation and weapon slots forces you to think about how to design your ships to maximize their potential.

unfortunately, ship building is about as far as I’ve gotten, since every time i try to run a battle, about 30 seconds in, the game crashes and the following error log is generated.

11/12/2012 - 3::29 - Untranslated HRESULT
11/12/2012 - 3::29 - D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed

also, without power requirements for your fighter engines / weapons it’s easy to make bombers go ludicrously fast. you may want to up the weight on bomber weapons or decrease engine thrust.

overall, a great mod, if only i could see it in action!

Are you using the Direct Control option (checkbox at the bottom of the deployment screen) and attempting to control your ships? Because the errors you posted look a lot like the error output from when Direct Control crashes.

If you are using Direct Control, try disabling the option in the deployment screen, and see if it still crashes.

still crashes, same error message, regardless of direct control.

My initial combat deployment went well. Mt Fritolg fleet held up better than I expected in combat. No issues during my initial engagement, except the P.I. Aliance error post-combat.

I did have one very significant error, however. None of the fighter modules showed up in ship design. Completely blank. Further investigation reveals it to be likely related to the fact that all the fighter modules are set to hidden.

Normal, you have to deal with the 4 “sample” design who come with the mod ^^ (The fighter and bomber are not mean to be modified)

That’s the goal ^^ (Welcome in the active group!)

Can I have a description of what you did? (What ship? What map? What weapons? Does this only happen to my mod?..)

Download: [size=50]HOTFIX![/size] Edit: Main download corrected!

Thanks!

Just to point out though, the singular versions are in the designer but unusable. (scenario-only, I presume?) I believe cliffski added a variable to hide hulls from players, so it may be worth adding to the fighter hulls, to avoid the same confusion I had.

Hotfixe Updated with the new variable (I totally forgot about this thing… Thx! ^^)
What do you mean by “the singular versions are in the designer but unusable.”?
If you mean that the hull are present in the designer but you can’t add any modules, it’s normal
If you mean that there is no “sample” of the fighters/bombers in their solo version, it’s NOT normal…

crash seems to happen regardless of which map/hull/weapon i use, even the two fritlog scenarios cause this crash (even if i’m playing a different race).

i’ll try installing another custom race, then i’ll get back to you on you last question.

Does this happen even on vanilla races?

Bytheway… They was a MAJOR typo in the Hotfixe ^^’
The download link now include the Mod corrected…
Sorry for that ^^’

well, i re-downloaded with the hotfix, everything is working properly now!

i might have gotten a corrupted file somewhere along the way… that would definitely explain the seemingly random error message.