[MOD] Galactic Concordium

Guys, i updated the link with some balance fixes on the scenario fleetcostlimit parameters and the correct bitmaps name folder. About the error msg, im still looking at the problem but i still dont have any idea cuz the mod works good for me.

He probably just doesn’t have the swarm expansion pack. One of your modules, “Concordium Impulse Bomb”, uses a sound and effect from the swarm expansion race.

Omg, thats true, i forgot to say in the first post that u need the swarm expansion pack!! thx for the reminder.

Nope thats not it, I just did a fresh install of the game, and I have all four expansion packs no other mods installed, and it still does not work.

There are 3 expansions as i remember, tribe, order and swarm, but i dont have any idea wat is the issue in your case, as i said the mod works fine in my GSB installation. Im still waiting to someone telling the mod works fine or not in his case. Be sure u dont have any other program that should conflict with the GSB sound output device.

I just figured it out, I had your music file in the wrong place. There is a brand new expansion called nomads it just got released.

Yea i just noticed the new expansion!, i am buying it right now, it looks awesome. I am happy u finally figured out the problem.

P.D.: Didnt notice ther is not yet a steam version, maybe i will wait to it.

Very pretty visuals. I applaud you sir!

… Am I the only one who recognizes the Firefly-class freighter? :wink:

your mods mod is pretty cool, i really like the backrounds you chose

LOL, i really loved the firefly tv series and i had the sprite so, i decided to include it in the game XD. U maybe also should recognize the starfury fighter and the narn destroyer from babylon 5 xDD.

I thought I had recognized the Narn ship; I think the color threw me off a little. And I think I spotted the starfuries (going back and looking), though my poor old eyes have trouble identifying all those teeny-tiny fighters. :slight_smile:

Well, u can appreciate the starfury if u zoom in :wink: about the narn ship, i just changed the color (the original is u know, red) and i did a little changes to the sprite.

btw, while we are speaking i am still doing some balance updates and other fixes, so i think i will update the mod in a few days. But maybe i will not have enough time, i dunno, king’s bounty: crossroads is about to be released and its a game i cant miss cuz i am a modder of that game too and i love it. Too much things to do and too much mods to make and so little time lol…

I know I recognized some of those ships: they are from Wing Commander! The Ralatha and Concordia were easy to spot, but I also recognized some of the frigates as Wing Commander bombers and also some miscellaneous Kilrathi cap ships and Confed fighters.

As i said on the first post (i think i just deleted the line when i updated it) the base designs are from , of course the wing commander saga, more specificaly the designs are based on a wing commander mod for the game “galactic civilizations” :wink:

At the same time i fix some balanced issues of my mod (and other things i just forgot… sigh) i am doing another race mod, called “League Of Races” xD, and it will include a lot of star trek designs and more. But dont think on federation ships, i will only include 3 or 4 federation ships, cuz my plan is to include about 30 ships from a lot of races (Andorian, Romulan, Vulcan, Species 8472, Borg, Klingon, Xindi, Bajoran, Cardassian, etc, etc) and other rare ships only appeared on some tv series episodes like the silent hunter of “Enterprise”, and of course other ships from other tv series, like for example the agamenon class of Babylon 5 and the aurora class (this desing i need to look out cuz i think the sprite is too small). I also planning to design my own ships, so this mod i think will take long time to get finished. But once i finish it i will post link with both mods included.

Hi guys, i decided, for the next update to remove the 3 super cruisers (kronus,bioexodus,armored destroyer) and frigates (bioexodus frigate, targus, pre-targus) and the starfury fighter. I will replace with other ships, the reason i decided to do this is that my idea is to include those ships on my next mode “League of races” cuz i think they will fix better on that mod and not on this one. Since the armored destroyer and the starfury are babylon5 ships and kronus, targus and bioexodus are star trek universe based ships, i think is the right thing to do. The new super dreadnoughts will be a redesigned ships of the actual ones. Well thats all, for the few people that played this mod, i think they will understand this fix -.- (or watever u want to name it xD).

I don’t know whether anyone has ideas for what to do, but when I play GSB with this mod, the only ships that aren’t white boxes to me are the Kronus and Targus. What odd is that all the ships are in the same place (Galactic Concordium/data/bitmaps/ships/concordium), yet only those two ships seem to be working for me. Being as I am on a mac, I had to convert the .dds files to .png files, though for other mods I’m using, doing so hasn’t been a problem. If I could get some help with this, I’d appreciate it, since I very much want to play with these awesome ships!

Well, the mod works fine, as some users are using it without problems, ¿y u need to convert dds to png?? thats a big deal, u must lose the alpha channel , essential to show dds correctly. Where do u get white boxes? in the deploy area?? in the battle?? if u want, give me your actual mod installation in a zip, so i can look into it and discover wats wrong.

ere’s a download link for what I was using of Galactic Concordium, if you want to take a look at it to see what the problem is. The only thing I’ve changed is the conversion of the dds files to png, since when I’ve tried to play with dds before, it always results in white boxes for me (which occurs everywhere the ship image should appear, such as in ship design, battle, fleet hq, etc.) Also, if I may ask, what is the “alpha channel”, as I have no idea what the heck that is.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ltil7ksuawjaoso

Well, i looked into in, and the problem is that u changed the file format, but u didnt change that file specification in the hull txt file. U need to change the name of the file in every hull txt file of every ship (folder -> Galactic Concordium/data/hulls/concordium. For example, in the Arrakis.txt hull file it says: sprite = Arrakis.dds, so u need to change it to sprite = Arrakis.png

Good luck!

Well. . .I tried what you suggested, and it didn’t work. I even tried changing it so that the hulk and damaged files ended in png too. . .and the problem remained just the same. Perhaps there’s some other issue occuring that I’m unaware of.
I don’t see why it should effect it, but my current game version is 1.46.0, and while I’m pretty sure it’s not the most recent, there’s been no updates for the mac version yet that I’m aware of.