[MOD] Praetorian Industries v1.2b

Today i was thinking on slow speed/fat bullets for make really big “plasma bomb mines”, with the cruiser on retaliate (and the weapons long ranged), the minefield should work “perfectly”, but now im focused on “magnetic exploding mines” or seeker mines.
Anyways, thx for the help

Im already working on that, but exploding limpet mines are not posible to do, i just can do limpet mines OR exploding seeker mines OR a “wall” of mines using bullet salvos like n3mes1s says.
sry…

cptfox, what about the deadly flash, it works good?
the seeker mines are almost completed, i will make all the types of mines mentioned above. :smiley:

Hey guys im needing a little help, i need someone making sprites for the magnetic (seeker) minelauncher (light, medium and heavy), plasma minelauncher and a gun sprite for the deadly flash.
The sprites have to be at a level of graphics similar to those used in the original weapons of the game, would be extremely cool to create one for each race, yeah, i know, it is not so easy to do.
Anyway, I really need someone to help me with the sprites of new weapons.
PM me or just tell me here :wink:

Hmm, when u say “The sprites have to be at a level of graphics similar to those used in the original weapons of the game” u mean with the same quality or with the same shape? its easy to make turrets with the same shape, just pick some turrets from the original races and make little changes, like the colour, erase some parts of the sprite, etc its easy. And thats someting everyone can do, if u want original turrets i can give u some ideas, and even some turret sprites to look into (made from scratch from 3d models, so they have very good quality) but they doesnt have the shape or the colours of the original races.

Yeah, u are right, but idk (for now) how to make them and i have my hands full with the Releases (for now)…

May i have a fighter mounted disrupter bomb :smiley: but due to its effectiveness, its easily scrambled/point-defenseded!

Use more speed on the missile, less fuel and u got it.

Yep.
Well i have work, i have in my mind 20 NEW modules ;D
Oh and, Cptfox, the other day you asked for a weapon with area effect? well, great news, i can make something Very similar. :smiley:
Im very happy because some of the next modules to release will be GREAT, i think. They are a totally new type of weapons :smiley:

Well, since i think thats not possible, i really im curious of that kind of weapon -.-

About the proyector armour, i dont think its a good idea to make an armour module without one of the basics, weight. It is supossed that armour needs to have the highest weight of almost all modules, cuz thats one of the reason a ship lower his speed in consecuence. But well, the cruiser will be very fast, i still need to see how that armour works in the game. But one thing is sure, never put a stack effectivness of 1, cuz if u put more than 4 or 5 armour modules that ship will be almost invulnerable. But as i said, i need to check it out. I did almost the same kind of armour for one of my mods (the Duranium Armour) but i needed to reduce the stack to 0.97 cuz the ships become toooooo hard to kill.

Nothing is imposible :stuck_out_tongue:
If everything works fine, it will be the most closer thing to a area effect weapon :smiley:

Uhm, yes, its a little overpowered, i will lower the stack effectivneess to 0.975 :stuck_out_tongue:
About the weight, that is the idea, a “heavy Armour” with low weight, it’s a evolution of the powered armor, but that HUGE advantage comes with a HUGE cost (i forget to rise it…) and power consumption.
And is “Energy Armour Projector” or (I think I’m wrong in the name construction) “Projected Energy Armour” not “proyector armour” xD

EDIT: after think it a moment, “proyector armour” is right… xP

When it comes to modding, thats the best aproach to take - feel free to send me a PM to bounce some ideas off me for this or any other weapons your working on.

Well, i know thats the purpose of that armour but still only 15 weight for a cruiser is almost ridiculous. I agree that the weight should be low, but not at that point!! xD. Since a regular armour its about 120 in weight , a value of 50-70 should be better, for example. I tested it, and even if the speed of some cruisers are not out of range, some others can reach speeds of 0.50 and more, and thats a lot of speed for a cruiser…

Woops, yes, rising a little the weight, but it will still as the armour with less weight ever. :stuck_out_tongue:

Questions:

The blast texture has size limit?
What is the shield radius in range units?
The black is usable and/or visible in game? for blast texture, bullet texture etc etc etc.
If not, how i can get closer to black???

12th release turrent bitmaps link removed by author request.
if anyone want to use the modules, will need to change the turret texture to the standard ones until I create some turrets. sorry.

Instead of posting up all the turrets, i rather you post up the ones you would like to use for your new weapons. (i will help you with this if you need it)

I do not mind if people use the turrets - but like any modder, i would like them to ask me and to also give me credit for my work.

What annoys me is that in that turret pack is a readme file which had a link back to this forum - a small paragraph that asks people to support GSB and mentions that I created all those variants . . whoever has uploaded this turret group removed that readme file. >:(

Im really grateful and yes, i will need help with texture modding, new textures etc etc :smiley:

Oh, u can be sure what i will give u all the credit by the textures. I would have given you from the beginning I knew that these were yours.

I also bothers me that people do that, it’s like stealing.

you do know that we don’t have to use those varient turrets . . if you have an idea for a turret for one of your weapons, then let me know and i will try and make it.

well, im needing new turrent sprites for almost all the weapons what i’ve created.
But the Ballista, Deadly Flash and LRLR are the most prioritized.
If u can make a big canon similar to the one on the top left (download/file.php?id=508) for the ballista, some kind of canon with a large output for the Deadly flash, bucause it is supposed to disperse particles and a gatlingun with long tubes fir the LRLR.
Just that :stuck_out_tongue:
I will start doing some “concept art” for the weapons, and i need to find a good color scheme for the “Praetorian Weapons” for difference them from the other modded and original weaps.
At the same time, i will continue releasing mods, working on find a way to make effective the area effect weapon (i have some variations in mind), and if u want, i can release your lovely weapon, the descriptions make me laugh xD Oh, and GREAT sprites.

If you believe that my Area Effect Weapons that I showed you are worthy of Praetorian Industries, then by all means.
Or you can hang on to them for now - i do not mind which option you choose.
(Please note, they might be released with Unity at a later date, but that wont be for a long while)

I am curently working on the Union Mod, which specilises in BIG weaponry. That should put me in the right frame of mind to come up with a “big cannon” for you.

Man, are you saying it serious? these weapons are much more great than mine.

i cant make that choice, you choose, it is your mod!! (i recomend to mantain the suspense until you release the new Uni-t version.). Anyways im really glad that you asked me xD

niiiiice. but hey, not too big, use as reference the bullet, i will like a ship carrying a weapon, not a weapon carrying a ship xD