[MOD] Scavenger

oh great,just what the space needed…
more trash,more garbage,more litter

I FREAKIN LOVE IT :smiley:

keep up the good work dude ^^

i’d like to know what name the race will be ? scavengers?

Hm yeah well I thought so… but the term race might not be appropriate because it’s not a real race, it’s more like a gathering of many different races which share the common goal to become rich and infamous. But yes when you access the ‘Change Race Screen’ you can select it under the name “Scavenger”. Why do you want to know? Just curious?

wouldnt the name “Pirates” be more appropriate?
after all,space pirates of a lot of games have a lengthy tradittion of building weird ships out of “all available material”

Because the thead says scavenger but like thunderbird I too would prefer pirates to be the name.

under pirates you can also put this story in the faction description

[ your story]
Greetings commander

stand at ease! Thank you for your fast arrival on our short notice. We -the high command- have troublesome news for you. As you may know, our galaxy has become a tranquille and peacefull place after you destroyed most of all armed forces. Every last space faring race was crushed by you in most humiliating and completly gratuitous space battles. You have kicked some Alliance alien asses in the emerald Nebula, vaporised the Empire in the Gravity Well and crushed the Rebells above Endyai IX. You even violated those Tribe hippies and converted the Order radicals -by force of arms-.
We know that you were enjoing yourself in your most deserved retirement, but we need you again. The galaxy needs you again. Our long-range sensors have picked up most troublesome troop movements at our borders. A new might has begun to fill up the power vacuum which was created due to your rampage. So you have to go out there and fight again! You will have to shoot first, shoot again, and even then you will have no time to ask any questions.
This new enemy uses all technology and schemes you may think off. Those clever basterds build their ships out of wrecks which were floating around after all the recent battles. So they are dangerous and armed to the teeth!

small intermission and what thunderbird said :frowning: space pirates of a lot of games have a lengthy tradittion of building weird ships out of “all available material” )

There exist many pirate factions in the galaxy, whit a lenghty and well known tradittion of building weird ships out of any available material, there is no single ideology or law, but a succesfull pirate leader can field fleets that rival those of the empire itself.

I think that would be a great description, also enables us to add other hulls to it, personnaly if you decide on “pirates” one of the first things I am going to do is copy the rabbit cruiser ( call it the pirate rabbit cruiser) and add it to your fleet

(…Also I would be very much ammused if you could give the rabbit cruiser the rust treatment and add it O.O )

lol :smiley:

thats the Guristas Pirates logo from EVE Online

somehow it seemed fitting to post it here for lolage

Well, no. I don’t think that ‘Pirates’ would really fit the theme I wanted to come up with. What I want to put in the foreground is the A-Team/McGyver theme. Outlaws and Outcasts which come together to build up a new live and maybe avenge the injustice of spacelive. When I think of pirates, murderous and money-hungry scum are the adjectives I first think of. I wanted to create a feeling of construction and awakening. Of course the Scavengers also indulge in piracy but this may only be a little portion of their activities. I mean did you ever hear of a pirate which wanted to carve in a nation? Well in the end it’s just hairsplitting… I just don’t want to reduce my idea to mere pirating :wink: Also it would be a hassle to rename everything at this point of development so there will be no pirates. But rest assured, if the next DLC of Cliff won’t be a pirate faction it may be the next Mod I’m working on :wink: Then I will concentrate more on captured ships, tuning, and custom looks. Not so much on constructing and tinkering.

@ Tunderbird,

Is this a rabbit? ^^

@ Geressen,

Concerning the rabbit cruiser, I totally forgot that this thing existed ^^ Maybe in an upcoming update I will feature a ship resembeling/using the rabbit cruiser. But I will not create any new ships for the first release. I will create some scenarios today and realease this evening I think.

This looks very interesting. If there is anything you need in terms of information or so on, that would improve your mod, just email me at cliff@positech.co.uk

I actually tried to do something similar a long time ago, though I lacked the drive once I realized my pieced-together-from-wrecks-ships looked terrible. Yours look great, though. Kudos.

fair enough, but if you wont release the mod within a month i will plunge your heart out with a dull teaspoon

as for the Rabbit cruiser,i think i used it once when i tried to find out if its useful and failed miserably :smiley: never used it in a real battle since

and yes,its a little boney wabbit skull :stuck_out_tongue: i swear some of the EVE artists had to be pretty high on something incredibly awesome when they were making the game

oooooh~~ 100% on things

scenario’s! NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…

lol progress ftw

but please make a nice amount of scenarios :stuck_out_tongue:
if i dont like something on GSB expansions its the fact that with each expansion i dont get more playgrounds aswell
i`d say 10 scenarios would do it :smiley:

Version 1.0 is up and working.

Hmm, this looks good.

My first mod I’m going to try.

will there be an update to legios soon? I want to give that mod another try but my little brothers use of the negative cost ships earlier have stopped me from trying

Lol just don’t abuse bugs? ^^ But I fixed this issue with version 1.0 of legios anyway… You may now play without the temptention to build negative ships :wink:

i cant download your mod says unavailable, please help

Nah thats impossible. Try again. If it won’t work anyway cut the electricity to your router for a few seconds and receive tereby a new ip, and then try it again.

Downloading now! Can’t wait to try it.