[MOD]Star Trek Universe(WIP)(Cancelled for now)

IMPORTANT NOTICE :
This mod is going to be named “STAR TREK UNIVERSE”, cuz in the final stages i will leave on it only ships from the star trek universe. The ships from babylon 5 will be added in another future mod called “BABYLON 5 UNIVERSE”. And the ships from Battlestar Galactica is most probably that they will join in a Battlestar Galactica mod.

NOT LESS IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I strongly recommend to use these mods in conjunction with the Kemp’s RVM mod, that u can find in his webpage: gsbedit.iualdii.net/
This mod makes the race u are playing to force to use only restricted modules for that race, avoiding the universal vanilla races ones.
Right now, only the Outer Species side its made for working in this way (but of course as i said its optional but i really recommend it) , cuz the ammounth of modules is huge, so its better to eliminate the unnecessary ones. The Starfleet part and the Borg Collective are not designed to use this restricted vanilla modules mod, but i plan to change that in futures updates including some extra modules that are possibly necessary if u elminate the universal vanilla modules (i need to check it out).

LAST update about this -> since it seems that kemp is MIA, and the new parasites expansion needs to update the RVM mods, i will add the entire RMV mod (with the permission of kemp if i am able to contact him) with the parasites if i cant get an answer of kemp by the time i release this alpha.

Author: N3MES1S
This mod works on 1.53 version or higher and u need the tribe, order and swarm expansion packs.

The first part of the mod right now is a new race called “Earth Alliance”, divided in 2 sides, the New Era with ships from Star Trek and the Colonial Side, composed with ships from other shows like Battlestar Galactica, Firefly or Babylon 5. Featuring, legendary icons like the Babylon 5 station. But remember that, as i said in the first part of the post, the “Colonial Side” will be deleted and i will left alone the New Era ships, that will conform the “Starfleet” side. This will include some updates.
The mod will be joined in a future to my other 2 future parts of the mod, the “Borg Collective” (now finished but with pending updates of course :wink: and the “Outer Species” mod (working on it, about 70% complete). I will maintain the download links of the Starfleet and the Borg, but when i release the Outer Species alpha version, its mostly probably that, because of the lack of interest in this mod from the community, and the extreme size the final mod will be, the download link will be given only for those people who really are interested in this mod, but thats is something i will need to think of.

Installation:
U know, unrar all the contents to the GSB directory overwritting files and play!

Version 1.0 (07/01/2011, updated 02/03/2011)

Changes in this version:
Redesigned the structure of the mod so now it is more easy to handle all the ships.
Added a few weapons and a few modules.
Little Balance Fixes.
Added new ships.

Right Now:
12 scenarios, 3 survival modes.
35 cruisers, 25 frigates, 11 fighters.

Things to be aware:
None (expecting feedback).

LINK: megaupload.com/?d=UUAZMYR1

(original logo design by imaximus, just made a few changes).

Version Beta 0.97 (first release) 21/03/2011)

Right Now:
8 scenarios, 2 survival modes.
21 cruisers, 7 frigates, 5 fighters.

Things to be aware:
None (expecting feedback).

To Do:

More hulls, maybe more scenarios, more modules.

LINK Part 1: megaupload.com/?d=TRJL0DQP

LINK Part 2: megaupload.com/?d=DT7W5CRF

those ships look beautiful.

Can I just say some of those sprites are amazing quality.
Cannot wait to try this Mod out - keep us posted on progress please

Hi guys, just some news for making u all stay informed, i noticed this mod is gonna take looong time to finish, right now i am done with 25 ship sprites ( i will post screens soon) but i think i have left another 10-15 more. Once i finish the sprite ships, i will start with the modules… then after that i will start with the turrets… but 40-50 ships will cost too much time -.- Patience.

Wow, 40-50 ships sounds like a lot. Just the thought of having all those ships to work on would have me cringing in terror.
Would it be easier just to work on a few ships, and their corresponding modules and turrets and stuff, and then release that?

And then add more ships to the mod later as they are made ready?

Well, i could do that, the problem is that im not going to release anything till i have almost the scenarios complete and that is going to take time too, the hard part is make the modules of every race, imagine 5 or 6 modules (more or less but not too many cuz if can take years… xD) for every race, i need to “invent” almost more than 100 modules and after that make the turrets… i will post screens but the first beta i think will take moore time… xD.

wow, very very nice work there mate, I like them a lot. . .

How are there weapons systems comming along for you?

just two words : very hard :wink:

imagine i need to “invent” different weapons for every race / group of ships, and everybody knows there are already MANY different weapons in GSB.

So i will need all my wisdom to re invent the same weapon for other races. The same applys to the race characteristics, i need to estabilish a different bonus group for every race and play with the power produced of every hull to make the more possible differente races. But as i said, with more than 40 ships it will be a very hard job, not for the work indeed but for the need to think on how to separate every race theme.

I will make of course 3 different “human” torpedos (tracking torpedo, photon torpedo, quantum torpedo) and the phasers arrays (light phaser array, phaser array, heavy phaser array) for the human ships (not only federation, for example the ships from galactica or the starfury fighter from babylon 5). Maybe i will make 1 or 2 more weapons for em, but my intention is to give the humans more standard new modules than weapons. That will be for example a characteristic of the humans. The borg, for example, cant use shields (i put strong negative shield bonus for their ships, for example) and they have the speed limited as well (but with the new module “hiper drive node” u can raise a bit more the speed) but they have strong integrity resistance and armour resistance (tactic cube has even more integrity and armour resistance).

And i need to think on this steps for every race trying to make the mod as balanced as possible. Its a really hard job believe me.

Hi guys i have a serious doubt here. I have some really awesome sprites of star wars (the imperial side) and the question is if i should include em in the mod as “imprerial human faction” or someting like that. Since there are some star wars mods out there, and they are not too bad (the only thing they need is better sprites) i will feel like i am pissing off the work of someone else. And im not sure if the star wars imperial destroyers will fix at all on my mod (but wth , they are humans right? xD). So wat do u think guys?

P.D.: 49 ships and counting… (i said the “Humans” will not have more than 4 or 5 ships, but right now… they have about 10… and im not finished with em… unfortunately).

This mod is looking great, cant wait to try it out.

I was unaware that you had so many ships to a single race. I thought you would have multiples races or separate playable factions of each race. My concern is that there might eventually be too many ships.

Not for a single race… the mod itself is a compendium of different races, and every race has about 4-5 ships (in case of humans more than 10 by far). Because i cant make more than 1 or 2 ships on some cases for a specific race, thats the reason i put all races in the same spot. Well, this is not going to be a problem once i release the mod, cuz u only will design the ship u want, but for test purposes i am getting almost crazy :wink:

Update - so far, i have 65 ships between fighters, frigates and cruiser. The size of the human fleet is starting to be too high, so i am thinking on divide the mod in 2 races: the humanoid faction with humanoids beings (humans, romulans, vulcans, klingons, etc) , and the neutral faction with non humanoid / non sensitive beings (Borg, species 8472, cylons xD, etc).

I have about 10 ships left, once i finish the sprites i will start to fixing the hull sizes, costs, unlock costs, bonuses and turret placing. The next step should be to create the modules, but maybe i will release a beta once i finish the 2 first steps since i already have some modules finished.

Hi guys, im trying to stablish a list of possible cruiser-type hull configurations for making the more balanced possible ships (since the mod will have tons of em), and i should be needed of some help and ideas here; this is the list, if u guys got some more ideas tell me now.

CRUISERS

• = 0.20 bonus
  • = -0.20 bonus

Sub type: Flagship
Max number of slots: 30
Slots configuration: 15 standard 15 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: Medium-high
Extra Bonuses: ++++powerboost ++integrityboost +++armourboost -speedboost

Sub type: Mothership
Max number of slots: 34
Slots configuration: 24 standard 10 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: Medium
Extra Bonuses: +++integrityboost +++armourboost —speedboost

Sub type: Attack Cruiser
Max number of slots: 18/16
Slots configuration: 7/6 standard 11/10 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: Low
Extra Bonuses: none

Sub Type: Assault Cruiser
Max number of slots: 18/16
Slots configuration: 9/8 standard 9/8 hardpoint
Extra Bonuses: ++++ speedboost

Sub Type: Cruiser
Max number of slots: 18/16/14
Slots configuration: 9/8/7 standard 9/8/7 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: Low-medium

Sub Type: Heavy Cruiser
Max number of slots: 22/20/18
Slots configuration: 11/10/9 standard 11/10/9 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: Low-medium

Sub Type: Battle Cruiser
Max number of slots: 20/18
Slots configuration: 7/6 standard 13/12 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: low-medium

Sub Type: Destroyer
Max number of slots: 23/21/19
Slots configuration: 7/6/6 standard 16/15/13 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: medium
Extra Bonuses: +++powerboost

Sub Type: Battle Destroyer
Max number of slots: 25/23/21
Slots configuration: 9/8/7 standard 16/15/15 hardpoint
Extra Bonuses: ++++powerboost

Sub Type: Battleship
Max number of slots: 24/22
Slots configuration: 12/11 standard 12/11 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: high
Extra Bonuses: +++powerboost +++integrityboost --speedboost

Sub Type: Warship
Max number of slots: 25/23
Slots configuration: 12/11 standard 13/12 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: high
Extra Bonuses: ++powerboost ++integrityboost ++armourboost --speedboost

Sub Type: Carrier
Max number of slots: 28/25/22
Slots configuration: 21/19/17 standard 7/6/5 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: low
Extra Bonuses: +++armourboost +++integrityboost ----speedboost

Sub Type: Freighter / Exploration / Cargo
Max number of slots: 18/16/14
Slots configuration: 15//14/13 standard 3/2/1 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: low
Extra Bonuses: ++armourboost

Sub Type: Space Station / Starbase
Max number of slots: 36/32
Slots Configuration: 20/18 standard 16/14 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: High
Extra Bonuses: +++armourboost +++integrityboost ++powerboost

Sub Type: Defense Platform / Defense Station
Max number of slots: 22/18/14
Slots Configuration: 10/8/6 standard 12/10/8 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: medium-high
Extra Bonuses: +++shieldboost +++armourboost

=============================HULL FRIGATE SUB TYPES===================================

Sub type: Attack Frigate
Max number of slots: 13/12/10
Slots configuration: 5/4/4 standard 8/7/6 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: Low-Medium

Sub type: Assault Frigate
Max number of slots: 13/12/11/9
Slots configuration: 6/5/5/4 standard 7/7/6/5 hardpoint
Extra Bonuses: +++speedboost

Sub type: Support Frigate
Max number of slots: 12/11/10
Slots configuration: 7/7/6 standard 5/4/4 hardpoint
Extra Bonuses: ++integrityboost ++armourboost

Sub type: Frigate
Max number of slots: 12/10/8
Slots configuration: 6/5/4 standard 6/5/4 hardpoint

Sub type: Exploration/Cargo/Transport
Max number of slots: 11/9/8
Slots configuration: 9/8/7 standard 2/1/1 hardpoint
Extra Bonuses: ++integrityboost

Sub type: Heavy Frigate
Max number of slots: 14/12/10
Slots configuration: 7/6/5 standard 7/6/5 hardpoint
Extra Bonuses: ++armourboost

Sub Type: Scavenger Frigate
Max number of slots: 14/11/10
Slots configuration: 10/9/8 standard 4/2/2
Base Power Produced: low-medium

=============================HULL FIGHTER SUB TYPES===================================

Sub type: Fighter
Max number of slots: 4/4
Slots configuration: 2/3 standard 2/1 hardpoint

Sub type: Assault Fighter
Max number of slots: 4
Slots configuration: 2 standard 2 hardpoint
Extra Bonuses: ++speedboost

Sub type: Attack Fighter
Max number of slots: 5/4
Slots configuration: 2/1 standard 3/3 hardpoint

Sub type: Heavy Fighter
Max number of slots: 7/6
Slots configuration: 4/4 standard 3/2 hardpoint
Base Power Produced: Medium

Sub type: Tactic Fighter
Max number of slots: 6/5
Slots configuration: 5/4 standard 1/1 hardpoint

Sub type: Scavenger Fighter
Max number of slots: 5/4
Slots configuration: 3/3 standard 2/1 hardpoint

I will release the alpha in a few days, maybe in the weekend :wink: the alpha will only have the Earth Alliance faction , no scenarios (well 1 test one) only the main modules/turrets designed and a few weapons (i dont think i will put more weapons on the earth side, i think is good like it is now).

I’ve found othos of a couple more BSG ships, the Colonial Defender and Guardian. hopefast had done hulls for them, but those seem to be from metal models. These are pretty nice, http://drop.io/iz4af2b.

I know, i already found those sprites, but the problem is that those sprites are too low on resolution, and i cant use em. If i use em, the final ship sprite will be too pixelated and the size will be frigate size (cuz a cruiser size will look too pixelated as well). Yup the sprites i included are from various authors, but since all the links of their creations and all the links of their contact information are broken / forgiven, i cant give em the thanks for using his works. Still i needed to do a lot of improvement and enchant work to make the ships look better than the original sprites in a lot of cases. And i enchanted the classic federation glows so it can look more visible and shiny in the game.

I released the alpha version and the link is on the first page. Be aware guys that this release doesnt have scenarios (only 1 scenario for test purposes) , its not balanced at all (but i did not make a bad job for now), and i need to re-design the explosion sequencies, re design all the turrets and maybe more things that im sure i forgot. Only tell me guys wat u think about the ships, the weapons (theme, sounds, fx, etc), etc Since its always hard to make a star trek mod, i need serious advises about the weapons. I think the final result is not really bad, i really love some weapons like the pulse phaser or the swarm missiles, but the sound of the weapons do a great job. xD. I cant do anything more about photon, quantum and phase torpedoes, since there is not a good weapon to mod on GSB that looks like the real star trek photons and quantums. The good think is while those torpedoes are just the plasma launchers, the sound makes it to look like other different type of torpedoes, and of course the 4 kind of torpedoes (tracking, photon, quantum and phase) have better tracking speed, damage and range (specially the phase torpedo) than the useless plasma launchers of the orignal races.

these are all very very good looking

sorry,i didnt have time to test the mod sooner

i must say i enjoy the mod very much, even tho its a early test version
however, the mod is SEVERELY overpowered in… well… just about every aspect. :frowning:

1. always try to make mods universally compatible (yeah i know,but im still gonna point it out)
  2. overpowered in just about anything… but i somewhat enjoyed whacking the crap out of regular scenarios :smiley: will need to be amended in later releases of course
  3. SOME of the weapons dont really fit in with their effects,not entirely canon but i dont care that much since the coolness factor is high enough
  4. i HATE megaupload. why not use a better file-host???

other than that… id say its a medium-good job for an alpha release…
its a bit of a mop-up of all kinds of earth ships,sometimes really not fitting in with each other,but i do like every each one of them… so sort of a fan compilation for me… i could understand that some people might not stomach it, but i just like it nevertheless

tech-wise… i didnt find any flaws in any of the sprites (even tho i didnt have time to look in great detail),they are all at the very least good quality,you found nice sounds for the weapons,the shield effect is innovative and looks good… some of the weapons could have a bit different GFX tho… torpedoes are my main concern… phasers might not look entirely “right” but i like the way you did those,even the beam speed looks good

i`d say keep up the good work
also,if you manage to separate the “races” correctly and make each of em use its own tactics (PD,EW,tanking,speed/power mix etc) as long as people use the modules they are supposed to,it would be awesome
but one step at a time i guess…