[Mod] The 3xper1ment4l era BETA v0.29a (Mod Stopped)

Nah I’ve got nothing done… university is killing me… I will start to mod again when my seminars and exams are finally over. In 2 months… :wink: At the end of August I will have semesterbreak so there will be alot of freetime for me… well set aside the practicum which I will have to do during this time… man live sucks :wink: Either way I will take the time and look at your new release… Till later ^^

the rebel ships are awesome, that is all.

[size=150]The Introduction is here![/size]

Also, I’ve rewrited great part of the post. Guys consider that I’m not a writer nor native English speaker so tell me anything bad you find about that wall of text I added up there. I want to get that story nearly perfect so tell me the grammar/spelling errors and if the introduction makes no sense or is confusing (or wathever problem it could have).

v0.25 will come tomorrow if there aren’t many balance problems with the new rebels weapons.

Big error:
V0.24 had the data folder messed up, not the one containing the files from the 3xper1ment4l mod, the one which had to contain the install and .pkg files. It seems I accidentally double copied the mod content inside the mod forlder AND the normal data folder (no wonder why it had that size the file -.-’).
To solve that little fail from my part go to your original gsb folder and get rid of the content from this mod (fortunately I made sure nothing had the same name from the vanilla files, so nothing should had been overwrited in there). The exact files are modules which begin with exp_ and the new hull txt files & sprites (look the ones in the mod to know the exact name).

Sorry for this problem :frowning:

To compensate I’ve uploaded v0.25 with a bunch of guns for Federation and Rebels. Next update will finally bring hulls for the Empire and maybe even more content to beta test (if anyone out there wants to give feedback, it would be apreciated…).

Woulf be nice if you guys can give feedback about the stats in the modules added in the mod (Rebel corvettes won’t get modules until I’ve got completely balanced Federation corvette modules). Also, if you guys want to suggest any modules you think one of the races should have do it and I’ll add it (as long as it’s possible). I’ve already got a lot of module ideas but as I’m adding content to the vanilla races a couple more of modules won’t hurt :smiley:

Hi !
My english is very simple, that’s not me who will help you for the text :stuck_out_tongue: So, Sory for the mistakes.
I download your mod, and I like it very much ! I wait for the Empire and Alliance new hulls :smiley:

2 ideas of modules :

• Automated Engine for rebels (impressive trust, high cost,need much energy but no crew)
  • Autorepair armor for confederation (combo armor/armor repair system)

That’s all ! Good luck for your project !

About the new Imperial hulls… I’ve got already half of them coded. In a couple of days all of them should be ready to go (I wasted some time experimenting with running lights and engine glows in them).

[size=200]The new hulls for the Empire are here![/size]
I know the dreadnought doesn’t follow at all the hull naming trend of the Empire, but they are desesperate to conquer the galaxy :stuck_out_tongue:
[size=85]Btw, let’s see if anyone is able to see the three references to some famous numbers that are in its stats.[/size]

Alliance are finishing the latest mutations in their new hulls. It will take them at least a week to get them to the battlefield fully functional.
Moar modules will be developed after all the new ships are ready to battle (I still need to code a unique gratuitous explosion sequence for each new hull. And no, dreadnoughts won’t spend five minutes exploding before the hull collapses.[size=50] Maybe two minutes :P[/size]).

Blame Freelancer for the slow progress in this mod… xD

Posting just to say that I’ll temporaly ‘stop’ the work on this mod and only god knows when there will be any new updates.
Sorry for this, I’ll keep watching the progress of gsb and its mods from time to time (and maybe posting around).

The wait is over. Tomorrow, it finally arrives…
Jamon

oh come on i want to see the dreadnoughts explode for half a hour before they stop also put all the ships into one file and upload it some time

It’s sure I’ll finish this mod (at least the part where I add new hulls & modules for each race), but it will take longer than expected.

Let’s say that I’ll be this august resting from modding (in SC2 lol).

BTW, Eich, if you make the dlc hulls post here saying so, I’m subscribed to this thread so I’ll get the mail saying that someone replied here (I’m not looking much the forum lately). I know not everyone has the dlc races, but its not fair that some races don’t have dreadnoughts :wink:

Greeeeeeeeat.
Just after viewing the problems ppl had when downloading the SW mod I checked if it worked the dl link here.

Filefront is f*%& up for me :frowning:

Alternate link in mediafire for the v0.26:
http://www.mediafire.com/?m5k3eftw6vn0i7i

Thank god you final fixed the link now I can actually download the mod

Bumping to tell people that I’m resuming my work in this mod :smiley:

Next update changes the death explosion sequence of the 3xper1ment4l ships and adds a couple of running lights updates around some hulls. If it doesn’t take me too long it will probably add the Alliance hulls.

And maybe this…

Yea, I only used parts from the Fenrir cruiser. I was just testing my skills for another thingy I’ll be adding for the scenarios. It still needs all the damage overlay and the hulk texture :frowning:

-Edit-
I’ll leave the updates for dreadnoughts for when the new patch goes live. It’s not the same coding the explosions of a 270 size ship than the ones of something bigger :slight_smile:

Well, good I read some recent posts, so Jamon concerning the DLC races. I do not know when I’m going to supply you with the dds files. I just “returned” to modding myself after exams and Nehrim (great Oblivion total conversion). I have an ongoing construction site concerning my Pirates mod and maybe I will work parallel on a update for the Scavengers. This means there is little time left for other projects… But maybe you will undertake your own attempts to create extra ships for the dlc races because your post containing your rebel ships shows that you have the skills :wink: I will keep you up to date concerning any dlc race-ships I do.

Don’t worry about the DLC stuff and finish first with what you’ve got planned for your mods :wink:
This mod was mainly built around the core races so I still don’t have much thought for the other races. And I also want to get finished the main part of the mod, new cool hulls would distract me from my goal xD

And thanks, I was just testing to see what I could get with my skills. It’s good to know that what I’m secretly building could end up being pretty good :smiley:

@Everyone following the mod
I’ll wait until cliff launches the new patch so I won’t have to upload a quick fix increasing the sizes of dreadnoughts (and updating the stuff affected by the resizing). Yea, their real size isn’t just 270 :stuck_out_tongue:

Big enough? :smiley:

500 size and no crashes, thanks Cliff ;D

Now, I need to fix the engine glows and running ligths to go with the new size and make a pretty long explosion chain for them.

–Edit–
I think it could be bigger… :slight_smile:

Good, where did u get the size patch??? O_o

Well… just happened something really unexpected for me this night…

I’ll be busy for some time (I don’t really know how much) so there won’t be new updates for the mod anytime soon.

Sorry guys.

IMHOTEP: …GOD#13*, a bunch of Scavengers assaulting a Federation convoy. GOD#14, an Alliance patrol. GOD#15, Nomads blowing up a Tribe and a Swarm fleet at the same time. GOD#16, only the void of space…

SABIMA: GOD#16 IS GETTING WEAK ENERGY READINGS FROM THAT AREA.

IMHOTEP: I know, I know; but in these reports I am supposed to just write what I see. I already know there’s five Rebel cruisers and twelve destroyers cloaked there.

SABIMA: ISN’T THAT HIDING INFORMATION?

IMHOTEP: Lomajan already knows that these reports always have missing information. He only worries about big and new dangers, not just a bunch of hidden ships. Now, do you let me continue with my job?

SABIMA: UMPF. GET BACK TO WORK THEN.

IMHOTEP: Thanks. GOD#17, some Imperial ships stopped at a pleasure station. GOD#18…

(Some time later…)

IMHOTEP: …And all this is what was happening at more or less 11:00 GUCT**.

SABIMA: IT’S 14:00 GUCT NOW.

IMHOTEP: I’m the only one in Phala who knows how the GOD System works. Don’t expect me to report fast what’s going on with so many GODs active out there.

SABIMA: THERE SHOULD BE AN AI DOING THIS WORK.

IMHOTEP: Strange… How come you don’t know about Lomajan’s sympathy for AIs yet? You haven’t been much time around, right?

SABIMA: NO. I WAS SENT TO THIS STATION RECENTLY. BUT I ALREADY…

IMHOTEP: Damn! It’s the first time I see that. (Imhotep points at one of the screens with his beak)

IMHOTEP: Do we have something in the database, Sabima?

SABIMA: PHALA’S DATABASE WAS WIPED OUT BY A VIRUS RECENTLY. I AM STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RECOVERING THE LOST DATA.

IMHOTEP: I already knew that, just asked if there was the possibility of having information about that thing.

IMHOTEP: Bah. Have a look at the PDGU***. It seems like it’s another Experimental ship so the Rebels will obviously have put information bragging about its power.

SABIMA: OKAY. ACCESING PDGU…
SEARCHING PHOTOGRAPHIES WITH 90% OF SIMILARITY WITH THE OBSERVED SHIP…

SHIP FOUND!

NAME: FIMBULVETR.
CLASS: DREADNOUGHT.
SIZE: 440 METERS.
HARDPOINTS: 17.
MODULE CAPACITY: 17.

IMHOTEP: Okay, the information matchs with the readings. Put all the information in Phala’s database and open a channel to Lomajan.

SABIMA: RETRIEVING INFORMATION ABOUT FIMBULVETR AND SENDING IT TO PHALA…
OPENING CHANNEL WITH LOMAJAN…

(To be continued…)

* The GOD, also known as Generic Observation Drone, is widely used around the Gratuitous Universe (GU) to watch dangerous cosmic anomalies, record battles and take photographies in private bathrooms all around the universe.

** GUCT is the acronym of Gratuitous Universe Common Time which is the time system used all around this universe.

*** The PDGU, also known as Public Database of the Gratuitous Universe (or Pathetic Database of this Goddamn Universe), contains all the existing information about this universe. At least that was the idea when it was created a thousand years ago. Nowadays, a quarter of it is censored information about the different military forces, another quarter is vandalized constantly and the rest consists of myths and rumours.

First of all, I want to thank Cen and his stories because without them I would never have managed to write that wall of text.

And now to talk about the mod :slight_smile:

I’ve bumped the thread because it should be closer the day when I’ll finish updating the explosions for my hulls. In the meantime I’ve been adding additional stuff (see the post above :D) and rebalanced some modules I thought were just plain useless (and I think they still are crappy, that’s why I need a bit of feedback).

About the explosions update I’ve seen that with the Dreadnoughts it can be a bit unfriendly for some computers so the next download will directly come with “Computer Friendly Explosions” and in one folder a patch called “Gratuitous Explosions”. If there’s the case you hate the new explosions when you patch, I’ll be adding also the short explosions patch in the same folder.

Let’s hope I don’t have any more problems and I can get this done early :slight_smile: