[MOD] The Enemy (NPC Scenarios)

From the depths of my increasingly-bizarre mind, I bring you a small mod. Introducing: The Enemy!

The main schtick of the Enemy are minefields. Specifically, the Enemy knows where you are going to warp into their systems, and deploys minefields accordingly. Beyond that, they have only two hulls (one of which is a dreadnought that mounts one or more converging lasers of DOOOOOOM).

The mod is set up to keep you from building Enemy ships of your own - the Enemy doesn’t use anyone else’s toys and doesn’t like you looking at theirs. That being said, a tiny touch of modding skills will allow you to circumvent that restriction.

The Enemy scenarios are intended to appear wayyy down at the bottom of your mission list - by the time you get to them, you shouldn’t be too worried about needing more honor. This is good, because it is unwise to bring much less than the fullest extent of your resources into the Enemy’s home systems (based on my testing, anyway).

This mod consists of 2 skirmish scenarios and one survival scenario. GSB 1.61 is required due to supported features, and the Order is recommended as one scenario has an asteroid effect and I can’t vouch for what effect it may have if you do not have the Order.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7wh78s13guilcc3/The_Enemy_v1.0_102314.zip

AcePalarum, congratulations to you on the occasion of the birth of your newest mod! :smiley: I look forward to taking this mod for a test-drive as soon as time allows me to.

It’s pleasantly surprising to see that folks are still creating new content for GSB1 even at this very late date in its lifecycle. Ya just can’t keep the Friendly Community Mod Squad down, right? :wink:

GSB2 is almost certainly farther off in the future than I would prefer – so by all means, bring on the gladiators…

Seems neat, I’ll have to try it out.

The second mission seems to be bugged. The preview shows no enemy formation, and the game crashes upon launching said mission.

Hm. I will have to check on that when I get back to my home machine. Nothing comes to mind about that one that should cause a problem …

EDIT: Due to an oversight, the deployments for Invading Herodotus Prime were referencing my test ship designs rather than those contained within the mod. This has been corrected and the download link has been updated. Apologies for the inconvenience.

The Enemy scenarios are intended to appear wayyy down at the bottom of your mission list - by the time you get to them, you shouldn’t be too worried about needing more honor. This is good, because it is unwise to bring much less than the fullest extent of your resources into the Enemy’s home systems (based on my testing, anyway).

I hope that means you are enjoying pitting your forces against the Enemy. :slight_smile:

These scenarios are intended to be challenging and even difficult, without moving into the realm of impossible. I tuned them so that I myself have to do some creative thinking to succeed - and I have the advantage of knowing exactly what I’m getting into.

Very, very interesting. Surprisingly, even with the (unfortunately) hilariously overpowered Orbital MACs from Dookcraft Laboratories, I had some resistance. Mainly from the mines. CURSE YOU, LITTLE FRIGATE THINGS THAT RIPPED THROUGH THE ELITE EMPIRE SHIPS!

:stuck_out_tongue:

This is good, because it is unwise to bring much less than the fullest extent of your resources into the Enemy’s home systems (based on my testing, anyway).???

I wanted to see just how nasty a collection of mines could be. I’m glad to see that in fact, they can be very nasty indeed (especially when the opponent has the opportunity to seed your arrival zone with them). >:)

Those things were so annoying. I set up a huge Enhanced Empire fleet on the first mission.

Each and every ship was at half health before the battle started. DAMMIT! XD