[Mod] Unity v2.032 - A New Threat

Excuse me, can anyone give me a megaupload link for Unity version 2.032? I clicked on the mediafire link, and no matter how long I waited, the actual download button did not show up.

G’DAy Tangled,

Strange, i checked the media fire link and it is still working, i moved away from megaupload because it was unreliable from here.
It will take awhile (mainly because my upload speed is very slow) but i will get this mod to you.

Would you prefer me to send it to a gmail account or attemp to send it to megaupload again ?

I can mirror to Fileserve or Megaupload if you want, Darkstar.

That would be fantastic Forge, Thankyou.
(every time i try to upload it either corrupts or just bombs out)

Post the link here and i will echo it on the Original Post

Fileserve mirror

http://www.fileserve.com/file/CUkf9ht

Megaupload mirror

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GGG73V8N

Thank You! I know this will be a great mod to use. I’ll try out Unity, and if I like it enough, I’ll get Union.

In the event that “you dont like it enough”

Please post in this thread what you didn’t like.
It will help me refine the mod shuold i ever get a chance to get back into modding
( Sometimes i wish my job went back to the boring old days where i had time to mod )

“Target the probes! Target everything! SOMEBODY FIRE!”

For those who will get the reference…

They’re not gonna see this coming…

…leaf on the wind…

Thanks for the Unity Mod darkstar076 : a very nice addiction to GSB.
It works perfectly under Linux too.

Your Most Welcome jcp :slight_smile:

Even though the mod has been out for over a year, i am still interested in any feedback you (or anyone) else might have.

Uni-T was great, but I can’t play GSB because of Union. I ended up replacing frigate engine IV and now I need another. Can someone please give me a copy?

I take it you need another copy of the union Frigate engine 4 for the Union Mod ?
Since attaching a file with the extention txt is not allowed

you will have to use the select all button and paste it into a text file

[config]
unlockcost = 11000
lockable = 1
classname = "SIM_EngineModule"
category = "ENGINES"
size = "FRIGATE"
name = "frigate_engine_IV"
guiname = "Supercharged Engine"
description = "A super-charged engine that delivers incredible power, but comes with an associated price-tag."
weight = 33
hitpoints = 40
thrust = 130
cost = 168
icon = module_engine_5.dds
crew_required = 22
powerconsumed = 6.5
slot_type = STANDARD
uisortpos = 3040
restricted = "union"

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = crew_required,INTEGER
5 = thrust,DECIMAL

save said text file in the \union\data\modules and you should be good to go.
(please note that this is from a beta version i had on a thumb drive - the engine performance may not be exactly like the final version)

No, I need the normal ones for both.

Here is the Unity one

[config]
unlockcost = 2600
lockable = 1
classname = "SIM_EngineModule"
category = "ENGINES"
size = "FRIGATE"
name = "frigate_engine IV"
guiname = "Frigate Supercharged Engine"
description = "A super-charged engine that delivers incredible power, but comes with an associated price-tag."
weight = 35
hitpoints = 45
thrust = 82
cost = 141
icon = module_engine_5.dds
crew_required = 18
powerconsumed = 5.8
slot_type = STANDARD
uisortpos = 3040
restricted = "unit"

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = crew_required,INTEGER
5 = thrust,DECIMAL

For the Record - Union salvaged this engine from a Unity Frigate . . .

The Union clearly isn’t above salvaging scraps from the enemy…The Calamity Buster was also an attempt to salvage (and improve) upon Uni-T wreckage from the Battle if Hibernia

Since I helped mirror this, just FYI: Megaupload got taken down by the feds. I honestly think they overstepped their bounds, and that MU will be back up a few days, but there you go.

The FileServe mirror should be working just fine.

An isolated event, OR first pebble in a wider avalanche? We’ll have to wait and see.

My CDN mod used to rely upon Megaupload links. Thank goodness I very recently supplemented them with Mediafire links in for anyone who wants my dreadnoughts (present and future).

One sever down, 2 to go
MediaFire & fileserve are still responding. . .

During the creation of the mod i have tried to achieve a ballance with the vanilla content.
But it seems that the Feds are now Over Powered if they wiped out Unity at its source