[MOD] [WIP] Babylon 5

holy sh**! where do you find all these models?!

Some of em are 3ds format models that i had since long time ago and i just imported em into sketchup. Other models are 3d models that i found in some webs in other formats (lwo, nif, sod, 3ds, obj) and i needed to convert em into 3ds (sometimes before that i needed to convert em to obj first) and at the end using sketchup to import em. And a few im sure i found em just browsing the sketchup 3d gallery…

what do you use to convert it then?

can sketchup import 3ds without any special plugin?

Yes, sketchup can import 3ds without any extra plugin (just go to import option on the file menu). For converting files i use polytrans, or sometimes milkshape.

Any idea about the release date? I’m preparing some conquest campaigns like EA vs Minbari, Centaury VS Narn etc.

Release date?? lol.

As i said, i can get into this proyect if u guys have patience, i didnt even started it yet and im not going to start it until 3 or 4 months from now (i hope sooner). I am busy right now with other mods, and i have my hands full and a little free time -.-
So the release date, think about the end of the year or later…

But u can always start a mod for your own, i only can say if u wait, the work will worth it.

BTW, i have something that can help u with your idea for the campaign…

Hey, thanks, nice map! I found this map somewhere:

It looks like the exact same setup, but with all the names on.

Anyway, I would be quite happy with mrjjay’s ships. They seem to be ready to some extent, can I have those please?
As I said earlier, I would be glad to help. I’m sure I can find some way to make things go faster.

Yup, that map is far better than the one i got lol.

If u want, u can talk to mrjjay and u can work with him in his actual mod, i cant help with anything right now, as i said i am a bit busy until the next 2-3 months. Until then, maybe u both can make a good job with this mod.

Ok, the campaign is in. It was good to test the early version of the manual campaign creator. 197 planets and 536 routes. Unfortunately, the current AI would stomp anyone in no time, but still, it is cool.

When is the mod going to be available for download?

Why no one answer me?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! D:<

First – stop the whining; it’s highly annoying and serves NO useful purpose.

Second – if you took the 5 minutes needed to become familiar with this short thread you would see that it clearly dates back to March 15 of [size=125]2011[/size]. This very incomplete mod has been dormant for a LONG time; hell, if you re-read this thread, it’s plain to see that it barely even made it off of the launching-pad, really, before going dark a year and a half ago. :frowning:

A quick review of it shows that mrjjay, this mod’s creator, was last back to this site in this August; just click his username in the first post to see the last date that he was logged-in to this forum. But remember that his very last post was made way back in April of last year, though! :open_mouth: What with the wiiiiiiiide gap in time between those two dates, fulfillment of your desire isn’t looking real likely.

Third – N3MES1S, the other modder later in this thread who accepted the task of picking up where the 1st modder left off was so very short of free time for gaming (see post here) that not only did he admit that his own primary mods were starved for time for him to work upon them, but he openly said way back then that he didn’t even expect his own efforts at this B5 mod to be done until the very end of 2011 or beyond!

When it’s May 1 and somebody tells you the estimated delivery date of a barely-even-begun project is December or later, don’t get your hopes up too high. :wink:

Fourth – he himself has last logged-in to this site back on March 9 of this year – nearly seven months ago. I personally recall that he used to be very busy here between summer 2010 and autumn 2011, then after feeling that he wasn’t getting enough attention and popularity around here he sulked away & vanished without a trace. His last post of any kind dates back to November 11, 2011. Either he’s still too busy enough in real life for GSB, or simply lost all interest in modding GSB, or both. I doubt he’s coming back.

Lastly, based on the easy-to-find facts above, I’d estimate that the probable completion date of this particular mod is: “likely never”.

The only B5 mod that’s actively under development is the 2012 effort authored by our very own magnus392. He’s told us that he’s recently begun a new job and is therefore limited in what he can do in his reduced hobby-time. I suggest that you gather your patience, Vatraxis, because you’re going to need some.