More of everything!

Id like to see more of everything in GSB… more hulls, more modules!

some ideas:

• kinetic weapons
  • rail guns
  • smart bombs (fighter size ships that carry explosives)
  • repair rays
  • long range artilery-type weapons
  • dreadnought class
  • space station class (large stations that cannot move but have good defence)

and a few suggestions for the gameplay

• add damage info to ship editor
  • during campaign, the batlle often fails if there are only fighters left in your fleet - even if there are still many left the game declares the battle lost, thats really frustrating
  • the ability to change orders during battle especially in campaign - its extremely frustrating to loose a batttle just because your ship AI is too dumb to react, it should at least be possible to pause the battle and issue new orders

I can’t speak for the rest of the suggestions, but the last two have been discussed a lot. Failing due to only having fighters was intended behaviour on Cliff’s part and he’s not intending to change it. Partly it’s for realism (I know, I know, it’s open to interpretation), and partly it’s to offset the fact the fighter-heavy fleets can rip through almost anything if left unchecked. As for re-issuing orders, see the posts by SirJamon and me here: http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5650&start=15#p41979

if you want more gratuitousness, i suggest checking out the modding section http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=23

some neat stuff going on over there :wink:

- kinetic weapons <- Already on Praetorian Ind and many mods
- rail guns <- Already on Praetorian Ind, Stargate mod and USSN, it appears on many mods with different names.
- smart bombs (fighter size ships that carry explosives)<- Already on Praetorian Ind
- repair rays <-not possible
- long range artilery-type weapons <- Already on Praetorian Ind
- dreadnought class <-Experimental mod has some good dreads
- space station class (large stations that cannot move but have good defence) <- Already on Uni-T mod

- add damage info to ship editor <- That is already on the editor, or not? i will check xD
- during campaign, the batlle often fails if there are only fighters left in your fleet - even if there are still many left the game declares the battle lost, thats really frustrating <- That is because your fleet percentage is too low compared with the enemy, you lose by the probabilities.
- the ability to change orders during battle especially in campaign - its extremely frustrating to loose a batttle just because your ship AI is too dumb to react, it should at least be possible to pause the battle and issue new orders <- This is not that type of game.

kinetik weapons - hmm, i think not everyone will “imagine” how a kinetik weapon works…
rail guns - the are already in the game. Use the bullet type weapon xD.
smart bombs - hmm, u can make a suicide fighter / frigate that can be very effective, i guess we dont need smart bombs.
repair bays - i suposse u mean repar docks. For this we will need another ship-class xDDD.
long range artillery - they are already in the game. bullet-type weapon.
dreadnought class- i agree
space station - i agree

¿wat u mean with “add damage info to ship editor”?

As for the campaign , i cant tell cuz i cant even play on it (Campaign not working for me).