More ship classes

If there was a guide on that Sirjamon
I would happily rewrite some stuffs so
that we have like different ship classes.

You can’t. The issue is it’s literally in the game’s programming. Unless you can get Cliff to open up the source code…
which has it’s own share of problems, as once you do that Cliff no longer can necessarily do support on everything

For modders, aside from using “power boost” as a proxy dreadnought, I found another possible method.

To prevent other cruisers from using dreadnought modules
Make all the dreadnought module cost 100x the designed cost, then give dreadnought hull 99% cost reduction bonus.

To prevent dreadnoughts from exploiting cruiser modules with 99% cost reduction.
Give dreadnought hull a large initial cost, like 10,000.

The idea is that nobody would pay 50,000 to put a dreadnought weapon on a normal cruiser hull, nor would anyone pay 10,000 for a regular cruiser. They might however pay 30,000 for a fully armed dreadnought.

Ooh…
I like this idea! i’ll be implimenting it on some of my in-house stuff

Why u think nobody will pay 50000 for having a cruiser with dreadnought weapons???. I surely will. The problem is if u dont have a scenario with a insane ammount of fleetcostlimit. But that problem is for the dreadnought too.

Let me rephrase that, it would be useless and not cause any new balance issues even if they do so. Unlike power it doesn’t cause mega explosions. Or mega weight where the dreadnought engine might be exploited with normal cruiser weapons/hull for mega speed.

It’s pointless to talk about balance issues if credit is unlimited but pilot is limited. Because it doesn’t matter rather you throw out a dreadnought or a cruiser with dreadnought weapons, it will be vastly imbalanced when compared with the cruisers the other side might have. Why criticize it on a problem that Dreadnought being a separate class will not fix?