New Developer video blog (October 2021)

Hope ya like it! Includes steam deck footage.

3 Likes

I quite liked the old school floppy disk icon, I actually like it more, nostalgia, :slight_smile:

Can we have an “old school UI” option?

1 Like

cliff, but do you have to upload a file to use the new mod tools?

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ll do a video at some point explaining it all, but the current workflow for a mod is:

1. Fill out all the stuff in that form you took a screenshot of, and submit the mod to the workshop.
  2. Then select your new mod on the new tab, and you can add dilemmas to it using the new screen.
  3. Then use the tab for updating your mod, which will submit the new dilemma data as part of the mod.

I’ll make a youtube video and link it from that part of the game once I have more of the content-creation stuff done.

2 Likes

This can be achieved through modding by replacing \Democracy 4\data\svg\load.svg

Here is the old .svg icon taken from Democracy 4 v1.38.

2 Likes

how do i do if i don’t have a mod to update. because I don’t have a mod file. can I make a mod without uploading files or do I have to upload a file to work with the new addition?

2 Likes

The new system automates the creating a mod, you just fill out a form and click submit to workshop, then your new mod is active and you can add content to it.
I’ll make this better soon, and also make it work without needing steam…

2 Likes

Very good!!! :smiley:

2 Likes