New 'FedElite' Shiny Ship Variant Installer (experiment)

Wow, those are awesome.

The more I see your ships, the more I want the models in Freespace 2 :frowning:

oh yeah thats what im talkin` about man :smiley:
personally i hate the Feds with passion for being “too human” (that is a crime in my eyes,75% of people always play human-like races in games,its annoying)
but i have to admit that this color scheme simply looks awesome :slight_smile:

how tricky would it be to implement an ‘accent’ colour on each ship sprite, and a hue-slider to the ship designer that would let the player adjust the colour of the accent?

say a speed stripe or other distinguishing feature on each ship that starts out red and can be adjusted to any colour in the ship designer, which is then drawn that colour to help distinguish between same-ship different-outfits in deployment and battle.

Those designs are true beauties…

I also was just thinking about how it would be nice to have a color adjust. Something like primary and secondary color scheme and maybe different decals (probably would be a lot of work). Anyway, keep up the great work.

i agree. a colour (yes, its spelled with a ‘u’) slider would add a much needed flavour of personlity to the game

This is awesome! i was actually this close to posting in the sugestions section that it would be cool if there were different color schemes for the diferent races for when the battle is between two fleets from the same faction (no offence Cliff but I think that the current Red-Green IFF going on now looks ugly as hell) so you just made my day.

So I was thinking

Red - Order
Orange [Might have trouble looking distinct from Red, to an extent]
Yellow - Swarm
Green - Tribe
Blue - Federation
Indigo/Violet

Black - Empire
White - Rebellion

Every color of the goddamn rainbow, under a gray mesh - Alliance

That leaves purple as the only color not claimed by a faction as its “color theme” so far :o

Added the panther:

Squee :smiley:

Hehehe… It’s locked, just like the regular Panther.

It amuses me to imagine that the Federation Elite are a special branch of the Federation, whose only distinguishing quality is that they have shiny ships.

That’s why I made a mod that turns FedElite ships into huge monsters of destruction with 25+ total slots.

I’ve been modding the FedElite ships to be Federation Battleships. :smiley:

Big, expensive ships with a lot of hardpoints, and a very large bonus to both shield strength and hull integrity. So much fun. They also look just different enough from the regular Federation ships that they can be visually differentiated due to the different color scheme as battleships or heavy cruisers. Battlecruisers?

Funny, that’s almost exactly what I’m doing with these hulls.

Like other people said, there needs to be different colors for other races, too.

Not complaining about more shiny ships, no sir. But Cliff, if you’re going to be adding to this here and there, can you please also include the link to the Elite installer with the new post? Just a little twitch of mine.

Also, is there a reason the installer put the FedElite hulls in my Swarm folder? I happened to notice it just now. Doesn’t seem to be hurting anything, just thought I’d mention.

Cheers.

Mine too. I did wonder about that.

I’ve been looking all OVER for those guys. so that’s where they’re located…

that’s because it’s loading in the latest expansion location. Otherwise it would load in tribe or swarm, but anyways, make a note in your challenge and a link for opponents to download the variant so there’s won’t be any challenge issues.

For some reason, when I installed it, It doesn’t seem to work. I did install it and everything but when I go to the hull page “FedElite Tiger” Isn’t in there.

Someone Help Me Please!

I moved the FedElite hulls folder into the main game folder with the other maingame races, and it still works fine. The Elite hulls do show up in the hull list (ship design screen) before the normal Fed cruiser hulls though. Odd.

… You mean there are GSB players out there who don’t automatically download free new shiny ship variants? Inconceivable!