New Rockets

I have a Idea. You send me your dds´ and i put the in.

You shouldn’t need my version since you alread have the Federation Falcon Fighter.dds file, its located here.
\Gratuitous Space Battles\data\bitmaps\ships\federation\Federation Falcon Fighter
(well for the PC version anyways)

Copy this file to your \Gratuitous Space Battles\data\bitmaps\fx and rename it to missile.dds(remember to back up the original one)

::Edit::
If your still cant get it to work then one of the mod squad could put together a quick example together which shows you what you need to do. For now i have to get to bed because i have work tommorow :frowning:
I will check in again to see how you went.

Thats weird. Nuclear FAn, if u didnt touch the falcon fighter original dds file (u just renamed it and placed it on the fx folder) its impossible that u get a white box, unless as i start to think, the game cant handle big sprites on the missile.dds file, so u will need to re-scale the falcon fighter.dds file to the size of the missile.dds…

Nah, the game can handle the fed falcon as a sprite for missile as you can see here.
All i did was follow the instructions on that post and ended up with Federation Fighters come Flying outta my Missile Launchers.

Based on the screenshot by Nuclear Fan i would say that either they are using the wrong file to replace the original missiles or placing it in the wrong location.

Might have to make a mini mod for them

I did all what you write but it´s don´t work. :frowning:

Try this then
Fed Falcon Missile.zip (228 KB)
Extract this file straight into your \Gratuitous Space Battles\ directory.
you know you have hit the right directory if it askes you to replace the missile.dds file.
Now if this does not work then something strange is going on.

It works thany you !!!
Maybe i can´t see it : The flare

Remember to increase the size of the missile
open the file and change
missilelength = 4.0
missilewidth = 2.0

to
missilelength = 40.0
missilewidth = 40.0

Yes

I am going to take that as a yes you have changed the missile size and it now works

::Disclaimer::
This changes your CORE files and therefore i would not recommend it for a mod unless you have some form of warning for the player.

Correct.
watch please:
http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6505

Lol, there is nothing to watch, u mean “download please”?
Gj, u finally got those humanized rockets working.