New Sport: Bocce

I like the idea of having some sports – like the snowball fight – that are less equipment-intensive and less jocky. Not everybody plays tennis, but anybody can join in a snowball fight if they want to.

With that in mind, I’ve added bocce as a sport. It gives you less fitness than tennis does, but it’s also cheaper to play. For those who don’t know it, in bocce, a target ball is thrown onto the playing surface, and then players try to throw their own balls as close to the target as possible. Knocking the other person’s ball away is not just permissible, it’s considered good strategy. :slight_smile: It can be played by two people or by two teams, so there’s some flexibility in the number of participants. This game is especially popular in Italy, where it’s called bocce and in France, where it’s called petanque. In countries where it’s taken seriously, there are special bocce courts, but most non-serious players just play on a smooth, relatively level grassy area, in their yards or in the park.

So, you can add bocce to your own game, if you like. You’ll need to put this into the strings.ini file (so that your bocce skill will be displayed properly):

nv_bocce = Bocce

Then put the following into your social_events.csv folder:

#,GAME,bocce,Bocce,Throw the ball as close to the target as you can while enjoying the green grass and blue sky.,game,data/sounds/tennis.ogg,"_random,0.5,weather_snow,-2.0,weather_sun,0.5,weather_rain,-0.5",Wanna play bocce in the park?,0,4,3,10,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,4,#,“sports,0.5”,#,“stress,-0.1,0.2”,“fitness,0.05,0.5”,“tiredness,0.1,0.5”,“boredom,-0.25,0.5”,“glob_outdoors,1.0,0”,#,“fitness,0.1”,"_energy,0.52",

I tested this in my game, and it works fine for me, but let me know if you have any problems. Oh, and you can let me know if you like it, too. :slight_smile: