No laser sounds

The problem is that when I zoom in, and there are a lot of laser/cannon/missile sounds, I don’t hear anything at all. Music and other sounds are fine.
I don’t exactly know wat ghrapics card I am using. Can someone tell me how I find out? I really hope this problem can be solved.

I have noticed this myself occurring erratically. Most of the time, if I zoom in as close as possible to a ship that’s really getting what for, the explosions and weapons drown out the music (all well and good). But every so often, the increase in volume on the KABOOMs doesn’t occur. Weird.

Yup, I have the same problem. This is my previous post from the “No sound” thread.

"I have exactly the same problem but turning hardware sounds off doen’t help. It’s really annoying. Any more good ideas how to fix this? My game is bought through Impulse so it’s updated to the newest version.

Updated: Okay, I got the problem fixed. Write to your “execute” tool in Windows (I don’t know it’s proper name in English since my OS is in Finnish) command “dxdiag”. Then go to your sound card sheet. Once there you should see a smaller section named DirectX features and a slider for sound acceleration. Try decreasing it to “basic acceleration”. That worked for me. The higher acceleration level I choose the more bugged game sounds are. I hope you devs can get something out of this and get the problem fixed in the game.

Update2: After more testing I noticed that sound issues are not completely gone even with lowered DirectX acceleration. I was also scrolling through game files and found this from the debugdata folder:
3/2/2010 - 12::55 - ERROR - FMOD[Failed to init FMOD] (58) Error creating hardware sound buffer.
:…\src\GUI_Sounds.cpp 635
What does it mean?"

hmmm that means the sound library cant use hardware acceleration on your sound card. Do you know what sound card you have?
Cheers,

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy
I hope that helps. If you need any more info just ask.

Also a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy on my machine. Though as I mentioned the issue I’m experiencing is intermittent.

it might be that the sound card cannot cope with the 512 virtual channels which the game uses (not actual hardware ones), you could try adjusting that number, it lives in

\my documents\my games\gratuitous space battles\prefs.ini

Nope. I tried 512, 256, 128, 64, 32 and 16. Still the same.

How do I see what sound card I have?

Anymore ideas? I really didn’t buy this game to play it without sounds. Are you devs even thinking any solutions?