no prefs.ini file

Hi, I ordered GSB some time ago and had no problems with it. I recently got a netbook and wanted to install it on that. I know it’s officially unsupported on such a small screen, but I saw that other people had just edited the settings to make it work. I installed it thinking that I would do the same, the only problem is that I can’t find a prefs.ini file in either the My games folder or the main install folder. I’ve uninstalled and redownloaded several times to no avail. Am I just being dense? How do I find the file?

it should be in \mydocuments\my games\gratuitous space battles

It definitely isn’t. The only files there are config.txt and sc.dat along with a bunch of folders. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no change.

There is something screwy going on there, because one of the first thinsg the game does, if that file doesn’t exist, is create it. Are there maybe any unusual permissions settings on your copy of windows? any reason why some software might be stopping a program writing fiels to disk?
For that matter, does the game remember what screen resolution you set it to, if you change it? because that’s what it stores in there.