Odd effect with Death Penalty

Currently, as the Death Penalty is increased, its negative effect on your Compassion decreases. Since it seems very odd to me that executing every other common criminal would be perceived as more compassionate than executing only mass murderers, I strongly suspect this is an error.

1 Like

Maybe people become afraid of viewing you negatively, fearing you will execute them for thought crimes?

1 Like

could well be a bug i will check

1 Like

The cost difference between lowering and cancelling is also very high, I would suggest making lowering/raising it cost more.

Btw I noticed it takes 54 points to end death penalty. That seems ludicrous to me. Why in the world would it only ever be possible to end death penalty if you go beyond the normal limit of 50?

1 Like

The compassion effect was a bug and has been fixed.
I can imagine that in the US, a proposal to totally outlaw the death penalty might be pretty politically explosive. I know it is not exactly commonly used throughout the nation, but I can see it being an issue that people run campaign ads about. It culd easily be spun as ‘showing mercy to mass murderers’ etc.
But I defer to actual american citizens on this. Is it maybe not so big a deal in the US now?

1 Like

Is that 54 modified by “THIS IS AMERICA!!”? Because I’d imagine in, say, Britain, it would be insanely hard to implement that , and then relatively easy to cancel again.

How much it’s used depends severely on the state in question.

I realize it’s extremely hard to balance the US seeing as each of its states can be very very different from each other.