Online access from multiple installations?

My apologies if this has been answered before, but I looked through the forums (as well as elsewhere) and couldn’t find anything about it.

I currently have GSB installed on multiple machines (specifically, my main ‘home’ machine, and a laptop used mainly for traveling). Everything works fine on my main machine. Unfortunately, I have not found any way to convince GSB to allow my second machine to link into my existing information for the “Online” features — when I put in the username, it simply says “Username already in use” but does not seem to provide any way for me to verify that it is in use by me and link up to it.

I did some poking around in the resources area, and found the file that appears to have the basic online information, but I wasn’t able to figure out any way to successfully “copy over” already-validated credentials, either (at least, not that I trusted to not break the account).

Am I simply missing something? Or is there really no way to access the online features from multiple computers without setting up multiple user IDs?

just go to \mydocuments\my games\gratuitous space battles\web

copy the gsbcdu and gsbcd files to the same place on the other machine.

Everything should work fine then.