Open message to steam buyers...

If you bought the game through steam, and you like it, can you please tick the ‘recommend this game to your friend’ box? It is much appreicated, as it shows people how popular the game is and encourages more people to grab a copy :smiley:

I would love to do so, cliff.

Unfortunately, the bugs inherent in the Steam version precludes me from making such a recommendation. Perhaps when they are sorted out, then I’d do so. I do not wish to disappoint my friends who might be turned off by the current release.

Sure thing.

Unfortunately, the bugs inherent in the Steam version precludes me from making such a recommendation. Perhaps when they are sorted out, then I’d do so. I do not wish to disappoint my friends who might be turned off by the current release.

Not finding too many bugs yet but I am early in the game. What I did find, which was really frustrating, was if you have a steam copy you need to login to the online server and create a user profile right away or the game crashes all the time and you can not save unit designs without it crashing either. After I created my profile everything seems fine but it might make the game look unstable at first. Sorry if I missed a notice about that somewhere in the purchase or blogs :wink:

Cheers,
Peates

outside of sometimes the unit list not refreshing or a crash I found, the game has run like a dream. If these are show stopping bugs… I hope he never plays elderscrolls. The game loads so fast I barely care when it does crash which was always outside of gameplay.

Done, with a note that the Steam overlay can cause troubles but its possible to play the game without Steam started. And a note that I’m pretty sure its going to be fixed :slight_smile:

I will once the bugs inherent in the steam version are ironed out a bit (which I’m sure they will be soon).

+1

At the moment I am waiting for the first patch before playing this game further. I don’t mean it is unplayable, as it is certainly playable but I had a problem with GSB where it lost all my progress after Steam downloaded a patch!