Opioid Epidemic

High Private Enterprise and rejecting the regulation of profit making in the dilemma should lead to a situation called, “Opioid Epidemic”.

1 Like

Care to express yourself more on the topic? Leaving a random fact without any research most of the times won’t make people look into it aaa

1 Like

I didn’t give any links because it’s a well established fact in America. But I can provide sources.

It’s a problem in Canada, UK and the US.

Which brings into view the larger problem of diseases of despair:

And in specific the Opioid epidemic in the united states.

Oh, I see. It’s not common here in Eastern Europe, I think.

1 Like

Still, there must be alcohol and narcotics abuse in Romania? Especially after the fall of communist rule? And all the children who were in state foster homes, I’ve heard that that’s also been a big issue there.

1 Like

We have problems with teenagers drinking alcohol, but honestly I haven’t gone into streets seeing crackheads… but I did see old men drinking alcohol at the facade of the shop, but they don’t look violent and the cashier allows them to rest there.

1 Like

Maybe in more urban cities…

1 Like

I think it depends on the area and the level of wealth. Where I live I don’t really see “crackheads” at all, but I know other areas near me just a dozen or so miles away where the issue is prevalent.

My example is anecdotal, but I still think it applies to most places around the world. Higher income usually trends with low(er) crime and drug abuse levels.

2 Likes

This study suggests that higher wealth/income leads to more heavy drinking and marijuana use. But less smoking, amongst people transitioning to an adult income (adolescents). Girls tend to reduce substance use as wealth/income increases. Education plays a role as well. I don’t know how this nuance would be displayed in game? Perhaps a lower increase. This also doesn’t say anything about opiods.

1 Like