[Outdated][Bug 1.15] Efficiency statistics graphic bug

As you can see in the Screenshot below there is a Graphic Bug in the Efficiency statistics. T
I dont know how it happened that the bug occured, so i cant help to reproduce it.

Not sure if it’s already know but I get this graphical bug on efficiency chart. Sometimes it’s fine other times it breaks out across to the right…

I’ve been having the same issue off and on.

I have that about 80% of the time.

I have not managed to reproduce this yet, but I know its must be there and its on my todo list…

I’ve seen it happen too.

Ok this may be fixed in 1.07

Not sure how to describe it – see attached screenshot. The “banding” to the right of the graph does update with the graph, so it is fluid.

Hey spepin,

this should be fixed in 1.07. You may take a look into the ‘Current fixes (pending next build)’ thread:
http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=17625#p83289

Kind regards
M

EDIT:
Btw, a new thread for each next build would be great.

Thanks – I checked the list first, but missed that one.

Sorry guys but this bug is still open. Please find attached a screenshot from just a moment ago:

The last actions I have taken: moving the mouse cursor from the graph over the pie chart to the other screen.
At this time the graph and pie chart have been updated.

from debug.txt:

[5:38:6:440]- ----DEBUG FILE---- [5:38:6:440]- Production Line Debug File version: alpha 1.07 [5:38:6:440]- Desktop resolution is 2560 x 1440 [5:38:6:440]- Windowed but matching fullscreen dimensions == initialising borderless window mode [5:38:6:440]- Initialising Sound Engine [5:38:6:498]- Finished Initialising Sound Engine

from drawdebug.txt:

Initialising 3D Engine in windowed mode Driver : nvd3dum.dll Description : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 DeviceName : \\.\DISPLAY2 Checking For Shader Support NumSimultaneousRTs:4 hal_caps.PixelShaderVersion >= D3DPS_VERSION(2, 0) hal_caps.PixelShaderVersion >= D3DPS_VERSION(3, 0) About to Create 3D Device with width: 2560 and height : 1440 Attempting hardware Vertex Processing Finished initialising 3D Engine Initialising Render target of 4096 X 2048 rt_car_sprite_cache rt_car_sprite_cache Creating shader from file:[data/shaders/conveyor_mode.fx] Creating shader from file:[data/shaders/highlight_sprite.fx] Creating shader from file:[data/shaders/overlay.fx] Creating shader from file:[data/shaders/conveyor_mode.fx] Creating shader from file:[data/shaders/highlight_sprite.fx] Creating shader from file:[data/shaders/overlay.fx]

from the errors.txt:

14/2/2017 - 5::38 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:23 14/2/2017 - 5::38 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:23 14/2/2017 - 5::38 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TextureCache.cpp,linenum:23 14/2/2017 - 5::38 - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL 14/2/2017 - 5::38 - Begin Scene 14/2/2017 - 5::39 - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL 14/2/2017 - 5::39 - Begin Scene

There is nothing newer inside the file even the screenshot is dated 14/2/2017 - 5:43.

But at all: This is very rare, nearly impossible to reproduce and very easy to handle.
So don’t waste time with it.
errors.txt (165 KB)
drawdebug.txt (849 Bytes)
debug.txt (461 Bytes)

Ok, i’ll put it back on my list. I had to ‘guess’ the cause because I haven’t seen it myself in the debugger, so I’ll have to hope it triggers for me at some point ;(

Same thing in 1.07 :

cliffski, I think i found a way to reproduce it.

First I clicked on the money on the top right of the screen.
Then I wait until I have unsold cars. (Early game, only basic stuff, no upgrade, no electronics).
(It doesn’t seem to trigger without unsold cars).

Where there are unsold cars, i click on the window for the unsold cars popup (top left menu, little car icon) and then immediately click the graph icon next to the car icon to open the graph.

I think some of the steps here may be unnecessary or unrelated, but that’s how I got it to display to screenshot it.

Still a thing with 1.08…

Starting to love that rainbow. Will be surely a thing to remember in the far off future.

This is new since the previous version. The graph now bleeds off the right side of the screen - see the attached screenshot.

Not a new bug… It’s been there at least since 1.06. Cliff tried to fix it, but had no success yet.

… merged topics together …

This seems to happen randomly.
This has happened before but I didn’t catch it in time to screenshot it, as it seems it can correct itself if you toggle the window.
This particular time it happened immediately after loading a game.

… can be merged with the ‘[Pending][Bug 1.10] Efficiency statistics graphic bug’ topic:
http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=17999

ah sorry, didn’t see this posted already…

Anyway, yeah its seems easiest to reproduce upon loading a save and clicking the efficiency graph soon after.
I actually tested this for a bit and found that toggling it doesn’t always correct it and can actually cause it to spazz out again.
Some saves seem to do this more often than others, not sure why. It might have something to do with how long you have had to game open as well, it seems harder to reproduce the longer the game is open for some reason.

Fresh install, new game started and built a basic factory. Opened the efficency tab to find the bar-graphics extruding the right part of the form and out of the screen.
savegame.zip (830 KB)
debug.zip (242 Bytes)