[Outdated][Bug 1.38] Predictive Stock Control causes resource waits

Hi,

I just applied the Predictive Stock Control upgrade to the Fit Engine line, and it causes a wait for resources. Seems to me that when a new step starts (fit engine, fit radiator, etc.) one resource from next step disappears from the stockpile, and it causes wait for a new one to be delivered.

Forum topic: http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=19145
savegame.zip (59.5 KB)

Hmm interesting. TBH I might remove predictive stock as an option for the multi-task slots, as its really not designed to be used on them to be honest. All it does actually is use the resources right away, at the start of the process, rather than the end, which enables new stock to be ordered earlier. This can be a boon for single-task upgraded slots that use a lot of stock per-car, but i can see it might cause some problems in a situation like you describe.

Also i really need an option in there to disable upgrades on a per-slot basis… I’ll get it done at some point!

Hrm, maybe adopt the “Just in time” delivery thing, where by the items for the car arrive at the production unit just in time for it’s arrival. Is this what the aim of predictive stock control is for?

Well thats way easier said than done! in real factories, they know the exact order of the cars, but in the game, you can have branches and lines joining, and the player can make all kinds of changes!
The idea behind PSC is simply to reduce the wait between using resources, and the next batch arriving.