PATCH RELEASED (1.63)

My friend can’t get the patch.
He tried installing it, but got an error and now it won’t try again.
He has it through Steam, trying to reinstall now, I will post if this fixes it.

If this has already been adressed I apologize, we’re just impatient.
:wink:

Reinstalling from Steam didn’t work, and we don’t know what to do to get the patch.
:frowning:
We would really like a download link to this.

if the game can connect online, and if a username has been picked and the serial put in, the game should get the patch automatically. Failing that, wait a few days and steam will get updated.

Thank you for the response Cliffski, you’re THE man when it comes to gaming.
I have yet to see someone who interacts this much with their fanbase…it really astounds me.

Hello,

No download possible for me.

Edit: Ok, I have found or are storing the patches.Problem resolved but impossible to have version 1.50.

If the patch has been downloaded, but not run, it will never download it again, but you should be able to just run the exe from the patches folder and install it.

No patch 1.50.

it should show up within 24 hours. If it doesn’t, then it sounds like the game is having trouble contacting the GSB server. Could it possibly be a firewall or other security software setting that has recently changed?

No, I did not change anything in my firewall.
I received a patch “1.50” but it does not work. So I had it to delete hoping the games would download it again. Apparently not .

Even back in its folder (I had made a copy), it crashes again.
The patch has a size of 756 ko.

it will only attempt to download once a day, if you want to trigger a download delete the file called ‘up’ in the my documents\my games\gratuitous space battles\web folder

It’s good, it works. Thank you very much.

I just want to confirm that deleting a campaign works for me now.

For me too, thanks!

Please the delete movement command… it is still missing in the campaign

it’s not ‘missing’ it’s a feature that is not implemented.

thank you

I just downloaded the Galactic Conquest patch and ran it (successfully), but when I tried to launch GSB, the auto-patch system informed me that the 1.56 patch wasn’t compatible with my 64-bit version of Windows 7. (Which is weird, since I’ve been playing GSB on Win7 64-bit since autumn of 2009 and never had that issue.) I tried to manually install the 1.56 patch GSB patch from the My Games/GSB/patches folder, but got the same error. Is there a direct download link to the GSB 1.56 patch, a way to “trick” GSB into re-downloading the patch and attempting to install it, or am I just going to have to completely uninstall GSB and start all over?

The game is developed on 64 bit windows 7, so that error message is plain wrong :frowning:
Does the normal game installer give any error? it’s the same installation program.
You can always reinstall the entire game, that is ready patched to 1.56, if you re-download it today.

I ran the basic GSB installer, switching to a different destination directory, and all was well. No errors whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is that I might’ve had a glitch in my download which corrupted the 1.56 patch. What’s weird is that when I launch GSB, it doesn’t even attempt to check for a patch. It’s as though the game thinks that 1.55 is the most current version.

Since this problem is happening on my laptop and I haven’t attempted an update to 1.56 on my desktop yet (and they’re both running Win7 64-bit), I’ll see if updating the desktop’s install works okay. If so, I’ll copy that patch to the laptop and try again to update. Regardless of how it turns out, thanks for getting on top of this and trying solve the issue. You should give your tech support staff a raise. :slight_smile:

And it gets weirder. I got the same error on my desktop PC, but managed to get a screencap. So basically Windows thinks the installer is a 16-bit app. And upon checking the actual file itself, Windows says it’s only 2KB in size. Something’s not right, but I’ve no clue what it might be. shrug Back to you, Cliff…