PATCH RELEASED (1.63)

After 1.03 my game really bogs down if I try to go over speed 1.0 for a game. And I have a quad-core with 6 gigs of ram. Is anyone else having this problem now?

On the download speed thing - I’ve downloaded twice today (1.02 and hopefully 1.03) and gotten 450Kb/sec both times so anyone suffering less is either unlucky (choosing times others are busy) or needs to moan at their ISP about something perhaps…

I get the same thing on both my high-spec and low-spec machines, with 1.03. Perhaps a side effect of the sound FX now working?

I too have the stuttering with changing the speed of the game which I didn’t have before 1.03

I too can confirm the stuttering problem. Before, I only heard sound rarely. Now I get sound a lot more often (I think the sound is back to normal, but given how much stuff is going on all the time, it’s hard to tell :), but speeding up the game gets me stuttering intermittently (some brief spurts of speed, then choppy, then back up to speed again). Things are still smooth as silk at 1.0x and below speed, but even increasing speed to 1.2x gives me regular stuttering. Comparatively, V1.02B and 1.01 were smooth all the way up to 4x.

/confirm

Going above 1.0X speed actually slows it down considerably any time you are on the map where there is action happening.

BTW this game rocks beta or not. I can’t stop making things kill other things…

Hi Cliff,

I downloaded your awesome little game 2 nights ago very late, and i can’t find the download link to get the newest version. Where do I go? I’ve registered my v1.01 beta online.

Looks like im getting a “The Password is Blocked” message whenever i try to download the game. The link worked ok a couple of days ago, but i changed PCs and need to redownload it. Appreciate any help.

edit: ignore this, contacted BMT

If you’ve successfully authed your code in the Online screen of the game then launching the game should cause it to patch (screen comes up with a blue progress bar and then you get taken out to a patch installer). If it’s not working, I believe you can get the latest version by redownloading from the original link in your email from BMT micro.

Thanks for replying Alex,

I’ve registered my key and user, it’s even let me attempt and post challenges. However I get no update bar, and I can’t for the life of me find the email from BMT. Top tip… late night impulse buys are a bad idea. You lose things…

Sound / can’t go faster than 1.0 speed bug still present in ver (1.04) :frowning:

EDIT: just noticed the new options for sound XD

System Specs:
RAM: 4GB
Audio device: Realtek HD Audio output
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
DirectX Driver Version: 6.14.11.9038
DirectX Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 3400 Mhz
2 logical processors
2 physical processors
HyperThreading: Unsupported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported

I love the new hull picker. However, it’d be nice if the Rabbit hull didn’t fall in the middle of the Federation listing.

What’s up with the Rabbit anyway? Where did it come from?

That’s classified. Let’s see some ID first, buddy. If your clearance is high enough, we can talk. :wink:

I assumed that the Rabbit was intended as a joke ship, what with its silly hullform. Sometimes it’s tactically useful, despite the somewhat low number of non-weapon module slots. Seems to be a “light cruiser”-ish sort of entity.

The rabbit is a homage to fellow indie game overgrowth, and was in fact designed by the artist at wolfire.
www.wolfire.com

Ah, now I get it. Cute.

I see 1.05 is out but the auto-download is not working my end. I auto-downloaded the others, no prob.

Also not auto-downloading on my end.

Oh I just posted that.
/Confirm

I forgot to upload one file, it should be triggering now…

Patch downloads now, confirmed.