PATCH RELEASED (1.63)

Fixed it, ran the Mydocuments/My Games / … /Patches/ and ran the installer for 130 but pointed to the gsb beta folder and it all worked fine.

I’ve enjoyed this program for a while now :slight_smile:

1.31 has me working again. Thanks!

There is an unpleasent problem with last patch.
Last version (1.31) freezes when started and when firewall blocks connection (windows xp). The problem is that it’s unbreakable freeze. My guess is that it drops any system events and has no timeout forcing you to reset the computer (or enable debbuger but that’s not the standard windows set).
A bit irritating.

I can’t seem to start the game again after the update, any suggestions?

if you let the game through the firewall presumably it runs ok?
As for the game not starting, exactly what is happening?

I started it and it briefly loads in title screen before I get a notice saying it has stopped working and tells me to either stop the program or stop and check online for a solution

please explain exactly what you did and what happened at each stage.
You started the game, it popped up the progress bar and downloaded and launched the patch installer to 1.31? What happened then? what did you select, and where did you buy the game, here or steam/stardock?

I bought it here, I have made sure the update is in da right place. So now idk wat happens…

Yes it does. The problem is that you cannot return to windows and let it through the firewall because all system events are blocked (maybe a socket handling problem? ).
The temporary solution is to disable network or create custom firewall rule.

Theres no socket handling, the game literally tries to hit a php page (using wininet). You should be able to just allow it through your firewall and it will be fine.

Yea, I haven’t been able to play for awhile. I know Im installing the patches in the right place. C:\Program Files (x86)\Positech Games\Gratuitous Space Battles

The game boots up, and while the screen is still black before I see the GSB Background I get the error “ting” sound, and then I see the background and nothing else. No other sound plays and when I click it brings me back to Windows with a large black square in the upper left of my screen covering the little error window which is impossible to get at. I then get the whole Windows error thing.

I’ve upgraded and downgraded patches, I’ve allowed GSB through my firewall, and I’ve installed and reinstalled a couple of times.

My errors.txt says this :

31/1/2010 - 20::59 - Unknown Slot Type for module:…\src\SIM_ShipModuleType.cpp 74

thats a corrupt ship design most likely. Was anything modded?
Just rename the \mydocuments\my games\gratutious space battles folder and re-run the game afresh.

I just updated to 1.32
Now the V, A and Difficulty columns are not updating in the Challenges window.
That is, I download a challenge, I win, I go back to the challenges window and click Refresh List, but the numbers don’t change. :frowning:

Gah…
I hadn’t thought of that. Oh man…I’m going to have to re-patch it aren’t I… balls :smiley:

I like the new UI features in 1.32.

I’m sure this is a stupid question, but where do I get the 1.35 patch?

My current game says 1.33 FULL

Thanks

if you enter your serial code on the online screen, and pick a username, the game then autopatches next startup

The game doesn’t autopatch for me… :frowning: The order works in challenges but not the missions.

EDIT: The error is “Failed to load missile warhead type:\src\SIM_Missile.cpp 117” Any help would be nice. :slight_smile:

You need version 1.35 for the order to work correctly. If for some reason you can’t autopatch, then you can just redownload the whole game and install it, which makes it the latest version. You can just redownload the game from the original installer link.

I tried, still 1.33… maybe because Impulse hasn’t updated yet.