PATCH RELEASED (1.63)

Ah dang, of course. I’ll be sending everyone like impulse the patch and expansion tomorrow, so it will get updated soon. What exactly goes wrong in terms of the game not auto-patching? you can enter the serial and pick a username and play challenges ok? does it not even download the patch?

Okay cool, but yeah, the serial, username, the challenges work %100. But before 1.33 came out, the game autopatches for me and it works. but now it wont even patch for me, quite weird.

EDIT: Nevermind, the autopatcher is working now… still quite werid haha

Correct.

The game only checks for a patch once a day, to make it run faster. It might just be waiting until today.

Well that never worked, but I just got the update from Impulse, so I am on 1.35 now.

Sorry if I couldn’t be more help to figure out what was going wrong.

I think I screwed this up on my direct purchase. Is there somewhere I can edit this date to force it to retry today? I’m on 1.24

just set your windows clock to tommorow, then launch the game.

I purchased the game through steam, and I got the update installer yesterday, but I installed it in the wrong map (the default program files map instead of the steamapps folder)

How can I redownload the update?

I already tried setting my windows clock to tommorow, next week or next month, but I still don’t get the new update installer.

you can just re-run the downloaded installer, assuming you bought it from positech? The old files will be in the wrong palce, but you can ignore them.

No, as I said I bought the game from steam a few months ago, when I opened the game yesterday it automatically opened an update installer.
The game itself is running fine, I just need the 1.36 update.

The new fighter order sounds like a great idea. I must try out the new patch.

aha, well that patch is still there, its here:

\my documents\my games\gratuitous space battles\patches
or
\my documents\my games\gratuitous space battles\web\patches
(can’t remember and I’m not in my office :D)

Anyway, just re-run the patch and make sure you browse to where GSB is installed so it goes in the right place.

Thanks! That worked:D

The newest changes sound pretty good. I’m gonna try the new update out.

i have 1.38 did i miss something:?:

1.39 is on hold pending the resolution of a crashing bug.

exit from followcam mode need fixing? it seems that it can not be un done… unless like other state it has to be done very fast…

19/6/2010 - 3::53 - ERROR - FMOD[playsound failed] (59) A call to a standard soundcard driver failed, which could possibly mean a bug in the driver or resources were missing or exhausted.
:…\src\GUI_Sounds.cpp 654

Hey Cliff, GSB still hasn’t updated on steam for me from 1.38 and I have no idea at this point. i’ve tried a number of different things.

steam have the patch, but they probably have a big post-E3 backlog before they update it.

Ok. I just put gsb on my new laptop a couple weeks ago and it installed at 1.38 too, so i was wondering what was wrong with it. (no e3 then…)