Patch Suggestions

I am really happy to see how active this board has been in just the past few days. Considering how many people are out there who have the game and are not posting, I think it’s safe to say that the game definately has an interested audience.

That being said, I’d like to propose a post-- :unamused: :laughing: What would you like to see in the next patch?

1. Store “Regeneration” - We are not the only ship in motion in the game, and the stores should reflect that. Things should disappear and reappear–offerings should change.

1a. Store Logic - What I mean by that is simple, high tech items should be harder to find on a low tech world, and high tech items should be easy to find for sale on a high tech world. So far it seems what is for sale on a world is largely at random.

2. Employee “Regeneration” - I’ve noticed, on the games where I’m doing very well, that I hit a ceiling where I can’t go any further because there are not any more trained pilots—anywhere.

2a. Robot "construction - Come on! Supply and demand, baby! :laughing:

You know there is a big part of me, that wants to (when kudos is done) completely redo this game from scratch. I think Starship Tycoon 2 could be a hundred times better with what I’ve learned since then.
Maybe if Kudos sells well and I don’t need to panic, that’s exactly what I should do?

Cliff, I’ll be honest with you. I LOVE sim games. I’m a sim junky. I bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 recently, though, and it buried me. There was simply TOO MUCH to do. I couldn’t keep up with it all. One of the things I like best about Starship Tycoon is it’s simplicity. It’s not a complicated game. I understand, the more complicated the game, the more difficult, and therefore the more challenging. However, for me, there comes a point where I hit my skill ceiling. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 went over it for me. I loved and enjoyed RCT2, but 3 was just too much.

I say all that to say this: part of what I enjoy about Starship Tycoon is it’s simplicity. Promise me that same ease of use, and my money is definately on board for a Starship Tycoon 2.

In fact, if it isn’t too much of a brown-nosing comment, I’d love to be a game tester for you.

Oooo! A new idea!

Elite Ships - Ships that have more slots and come with the turbo engines already installed. Maybe set up a new “ships3.dds” file that only works on the Elite Ships.

I know what you mean about RT3. If I did ST2 it wouldnt be to make it much more complex, just better, more stable, generally a better game.

Another fun idea for ST2 might be to have an editor where the player can create their own missions.

absolutely. I put much more effort into moddability for my games now.