Persuade me to buy this game

Hello all,

I have downloaded the demo and quite enjoy Democracy 2, however I am still not sure I want to fork over £13 of my cash for what feels like a game that will not have more than a few hours of game play.

My real question is how much more does the full game have compared to the demo, I will try and break it down so I can get some contructive answers and If I like what I read I will buy the game.

1. What is the difference between the different country types; do they have different initial problems, crime, polution, hospitals, imigrants or are they always the same?
  2. Are the news events different depending on the countries?
    3)Are the ministers different?
    4)How different does it feel playing as an affluent compared to a less economicaly developed country.

my fear is it is just a case of just moving the sliders on the initial screen but it is the same game again.

1. How replayable is the game, how often do you win and how often do you win and is it possible to scale the chalenge , if so how?

if you can show me that I will play this game a good number of times through I will happily give over the 2 hours of my life I used to earn the money to pay for it

sorry I did not realise the price did not include vat, it is over £15

1) What is the difference between the different country types; do they have different initial problems, crime, polution, hospitals, imigrants or are they always the same?

Entirely different sets of problems, based on larger or smaller populations that fit into different demographics. In addition, playing the same country twice involves a series of variables that affect the severity (or presence) of some issues.

2) Are the news events different depending on the countries?

Some random ones may show up in any nation. Others depend upon certain factors present in your nation, rather than the nation, itself.

3)Are the ministers different?

The ministers’ stats vary each time you start a new game.

4)How different does it feel playing as an affluent compared to a less economicaly developed country.

I’d say that the GDP has less impact than the amount of voters in each category, and the problems you’re facing.

Hope that helps.

The different starting conditions do change the strategy needed to win the game quite a lot. Plus the different countries do have different starting levels of debt or unemployment, which also change things a lot.
Plus you can save you game and the carry on later in the full version, which means it’s possible to get really stuck into the game and ply at harder difficulties. And of course, you can play over several terms, which means dealing with rising voter apathy and cynicism.