I need some feedback on whether I’ve broken anything in the upcoming version 1.61 patch.
I’ve uploaded a replacement .exe file here:
You can just drop it into the Gratuitous Space Battles folder and run it alongside the existing GSB.exe. This version expires after a few weeks, and you need the full install of the game to try it out. You will still need to do a proper 1.61 patch when it is released.
The changes are:
- Bug Fix: Drag selecting now launches ship inspector for the first selected ship, not the first ship in the fleet…ooops.
- New feature: Support for the cruiser decoy projector module.
- Bug Fix: AI now works differently, and less stupidly when assessing which target to move towards.
- New feature: pulse-glow effect now supports two new variables ‘min alpha’ and ‘max alpha’
- Support for new two-stage missiles.
- Bug fix: Ensuring that regardless of framerate or missile speed, missiles that would hit, will actually hit.
- Support for new multi-point tractor beams.
- Improved design of load-ship dialog in the design screen so it scales to fill the available space and shows (and can sort by) hull name too.
- Support for modding plasma torpedoes to use style CUSTOM and plasma_texture = “texture.dds” for custom effects
- Support for weapons firing from cloaked ships using the “fire_while_cloaked=1” setting
- Reverted the Area-of-effect code so it only happens on hits, not misses, as requested.
- Added support for modded music.
- Fixed obscure timing issue where when at 4x speed and a low FPS, theoretically some very-rapid fire weapons may have been ‘dropping’ shots. Game now supports multiple shots per frame.
- Removed now redundant ‘internet news’ dialog.
- Stats summary screen now closes properly when exiting the stats screen without closing it.[/code]
Some of that stuff is for the outcasts, but there are AI and other changes that I want to be sure work ok, and modders can play with some of the new toys too. All feedback much appreciated.