Please help with feedback on version 1.61 (Beta)

Hey 123stw, you are forgeting one thing, doesn’t matters too much if a DLC or Vainilla race finds useful or not Firing when camouflaged with their equipments, i find that new variable much more important for modders, since we can make it much, much more effective in our mods, i already have plans for my Ghosts mod (most of ghost weapons will fire when camo’ed, and ghost camo modules will last longer (or shorter in some cases), making the race name fit better with their combat caracteristics).

I’m going to toss in a friendly mention here among all the deadly serious game analysis. Focus for a moment on the G in GSB.

Gratuitous = Rule of Cool.

Invisible ships are cool. Invisible ships that can still shoot are really cool.

The camouflage shield is probably more for the players who want to watch nifty FX-laden space battles than for those who focus on the tactical challenge. And both types of players are correct.

Just trying to put everything in perspective. :slight_smile:

As for feedback on 1.61:
I’ve noticed that the improved graphical effects that came with 1.60 suddenly started displaying when I patched to 1.61, which is nice since the new shockwave and shield effects look good.

I like that the Parasite Flak Cannon is no longer instant death for fighter squadrons, since it can now miss. Which is an improvement over the previous effect where the AOE effect went off on the fighter that was targeted, whether the fighter was hit or not. Would it be possible to make the AOE effect trigger on the bullet’s location when the bullet reaches maximum weapon range, though?

I’ve noticed that the stability of the campaign mode seems to have been improved.

I occasionally get an issue where in the race selection screen the ‘select’ button does not work (sometimes for one race, sometimes for several or all races), but I’m not certain what causes it or how to get the game to reliably produce this error. If there are any debug files or anything like that that would help track this down, tell me and I’ll see about getting you them, but since the problem is rare and is solved by exiting and restarting the game I’m not all that bothered by it.

People, please remain on topic. This thread is specifically for patch 1.61 feedback only. Thanks.

Anyone who wishes to continue off-topic thoughts about general Camouflage Shield data is “invited” to take it here.