Point Defence Mods

Hi, this is my first post here but I’m a fairly competent modder. I am trying to work out if it is at all possible to create a point defence system that can target things other than missiles (primarily fighters), or a standard weapon that is also able to target missiles. Basically, I’m looking for a way to make a weapon that can target anything. So far, it seems impossible to combine module types (ei: pointdefense and beamweapon), an am wondering if anyone knows of a solution. A secondary problem is making bullet or missile-based point defence systems, but I run into the same problem with the impossibility of combining modules (missile / bulletweapon with pointdefense).

short awnser, its currently impossible to do what you want.

As our modder ninja ponyus said, is impossible to combine beam weapons, and you cannot make a weapon that target everything.
So, the only way in what you can get a multi defense system, is using multiple turrents.

Well, in GSB every module has its specific function, so it will non sense allow other weapons to target missiles, like for example the missile disruptor bomb (from the swarm) cant stop other weapons than missiles. And, u have the scrambler beam, thats the only thing u need to point a defense against missiles, u will dont need aything else. Having other weapons as well that can target missiles will be just insane, and the missiles will be totally useless.

Missiles wouldn’t necessarily useless for example using missiles to shoot other missiles down xD That’d be quite cool!