Policy Effect change proposals, and your thoughts

i gotta say that i disagree with the teachinhg creationism as the only theory thing is ony creating technological backwater.altho it is true that the country that applied this like: zimbabwe. Province of Quebec during Mr.Duplessis reign. lets note that the greatest scientific discoveries were made under and while creationism was really the only true*** theory to be taught in schools. also. like i said. it wasnt because creationism was taught that technological backwater happened. but because the leader had no economical background or knowledge. there is many muslims,jews and christians that are massivly contributing to humanity in many ways: economical, techonological and in industrial ways.so believing in santa claus doesnt mean that one person is uncapable of deducting complex equations or that it will stop one self desire for progress.
therefore i aknowledge that the system put in democracy 2 is adequate.

I also wanted to mention about infrastructure spending like roads. it seems there isnt benefits like creating jobs not only from the workers that are buildiong them and all the industries that will supply them, also by the fact that infrastructure helps the economy as a whole: a super fast train that can go from point A to point B in less than half the time(helps productivity greatly). helps accessibility for new businesses. new towns even. rural devlopment etc… at last. it increases the amount of cars yes. so therefore it beenfits the car industries thus creating more jobs and mroe wealth more middle class and more tax $ from petroleum taxation.

You know I never really did think too deeply on transportation being related to productively…
A monorail might become a more worth while investment if bonus GDP and such are added for additional transportation subsides.

Regarding Transport
A lack of tranportation seriously harms growth, especially industry. However, the argument is that developed countries have all the transport they need, especially since industry is less important. Unfortunatly the game can’t really do existing infrastucture. One unelegant solution would be to have a simultion that has the “transport sufficenty” which would be increased by road building ect, and decreased by GDP because developement increases demand for transport. To get around existing infrastusture, there could be an event for each country with a certain boost to “transport sufficenty”. Other events to boost it could be made more likely by road/rail building ect.
That would take a while to make, and would only add a little detail/realism. It would be much simpler to add some negative events to low transport infrastucture investment.

If you did create a traditional neighbourhoods policy, it could be a policy that positively affected the middle income group, as well as parents, communters and retired people. It could also reduce car usage, and reduce peoples fear of crime. While negatively affecting capitalists due to higher construction costs compared with conventional suburban design.

Another policy you could consider is co-determination as practiced in many european countries that have employee representatives in a minority position on company boards.

http://www.etui-rehs.org/research/content/download/1490/9448/file/Kluge_Vitols_english_pressrelease112.pdf

http://library.fes.de/pdf-files/id/04422.pdf

Relaxing planning controls should affect middle income positively.

The stress epidemic doesn’t seem to affect anything.

Thanks, these are all great tips.

Ya prostitution should affect the organized crime. It makes sense since people wont have to secretly sleep with them. But back to legalizing drugs. Legalizing drugs option i think should bring in tourism or something like that. Like Holland with weed legalized, tourism is very high.

Can I expand on a suggestion made near the beginning of this thread?

Ministers. Would it be possible to expand the pool of replacement ministers so that you could do a ‘cabinet reshuffle’ rather than only being able to change up to 3?

Also it would make sense to have to select your own cabinet at the start of the game. Then you could pick ministers who either supported your own leanings or select to get a balanced support.

expanding on this point - caould you do a cabinet reshuffle by moving existing ministers to other posts? If you dismiss a minister, they don’t join the pool of replacements either. I just had a problem with a minister needing replacement but none of the pool wanted the job but I could have moved one of my existing ministers across and then appointed one from the pool as a replacement.

A traditional neighbourhoods policy should also affect environmentalists positively and increase energy efficiency.

http://www.russellversaci.com/Character_Building.pdf

Another policy you could consider is complusory vehicle third party insurance for personal injury or/and property damage.

A workers compensation scheme is another policy to consider

Why does tightening gambling restrictions eliminate organized crime? Don’t organized crime members profit from excessive bans/taxes on alcohol (prohibition anyone?), gambling, drugs, tobacco etc? And why doesn’t high taxes/restrictions on alcohol/drugs/tobacco increase organized crime?

Double post…

I agree, you CANNOT have gambling without organised crime. I don’t think gambling is the largest cause for organised crime…

I think he’s saying that tightening gambling restrictions shouldn’t reduce organized crime because organized crime profits from restrictions more than they profit from open-market operations.

Post-Keynesian (heterodox) theories state that trade imbalances between countries is the cause of international economic volatility. If you wanted to make the market meltdown more severe you could link it to your overseas sector in a future version of the game.

Another policy to consider is business incubation. Programmes for business start-ups that usually involve technology and innovation enterprises.

Is it possible to have tax deductions in the game? I was thinking of Corporate tax deductions on capital investment and depreciation. This would be a good policy to have to reduce technology backwater and increase technology advantage as well as increase GDP.

A Capital gains tax could reduce economic volatility by discouraging speculative investments and encouraging more long-term investments.