Is the tutorial / information supplied in the manual sufficient ?
- Yes. All details where very easy to get.
- Yes. I still had to search a bit but it was alright
- No. The informations where usefull, but I still had to do lots of research / forum reading.
- No. The game would benefit a LOT from a better step by step tutorial
- No. The game would benefir a lot from a more detailed manual (screensshots. Orders /mecanism explications)
I fell that if the help information at first play are very usefull, the tutorial mission is really not enough. I would rather have a few different mission going slowly : One ship against one, then slowy growing a bit more. Some missions focusing on armor, some on fighter use, or various orders…
I fear that some potential players might be missing this when trying the demo, and thus not buying the game. And to be honest, the more people buy the game, the better it is for those who already have it because Cliffski will have more ressource to decicate on it. (if he wishes to continue).
So basically : what to you think about that tutorial thing ? If you think that something is needed, what should be done ?
The idea behind that is that we could create a number tutorial challenge with explanations. And then up to Cliffski to decide if he wants to include it in the official release !