Pratice

Hi Guys,

I need a little help. I love the game but the one thing I don’t like is the pratice mini-game. After doing it about 100 times it gets annoying really quickly and for me at least takes away from the fun of managing the band. I need a way to either A, edit the mini-game so its much shorter or B, get a bigger boost for my band when they pratice.

I managed at first to edit the code so that I just had to press ‘1’ each time I praticed but I found after a certain amount of pratices it goes back to being multi-numbered, I guess that’s because after awhile it becomes random. I’ve tried looking for the code that deals with it but haven’t been able to find it. Ditto on increasing the percentage gain when you pratice. My grateful thanks to anyone who answers.

Kiall

Could you show the code you changed to make it so you can just press 1 and in what file? I am not a fan of the practice mini game either, some combinations are just too hard, especially when they get display quicker, I don’t think it’s needed, sure it’s ok for people with good hand eye coordination and a good memory(great memory when the speed picks up on the notes) but not all of us(including me) are like this and it disadvantages the game for people like me.

/data/practice/melodies.txt

Just change all the numbers to 1 eg:

[guitar melodies]
0 = “1,1,1,1,1”
1 = “1,1,1,1,1”
2 = “1,1,1,1,1”
etc etc etc all the way through them all

I use a calculator to keep track of the tune. Just type the numbers into the calculator as they show up, and then play them back. I can usually do this up to at least 160 bpm, and by then the game is close to the end.