Problem Building Cruiser

I’m not sure what is so different about cruisers but I have created frigates and fighters but I’m having issues with cruisers. Basically what I have done is take a ship text and a hull text and simply modify the names of the files and the names within the files. They are all linking to valid image files.

I’m most confused because if I leave the names the game loads just fine but with two copies of the cruisers. If I change the names the game no longer loads and this error is in the log. However this same process has worked for three frigates and three fighters.
3/12/2009 - 3::44 - Assertion failure:filename:…\src\SIM_Race.cpp,linenum:70,build:Full 1.26

I took the paradise cruiser from tribes as an example. Below are the headers of the files (not the complete files)

eve\Data\hulls\caldari\caldari raven cruiser.txt
classname = cruiser
name = Caldari Raven Cruiser hull
guiname = Caldari Raven Cruiser hull
sprite = Caldari Raven Cruiser.dds
damagetexture = Caldari Raven Cruiser_damaged.dds
hulktexture = Caldari Raven Cruiser_hulk.dds
width = 210
height = 210
powerproduced = 8
cost = 150
racename = caldari

eve\Data\ships\caldari raven cruiser.txt
classname = cruiser
guiname = Caldari Raven Cruiser hull
sprite = Caldari Raven Cruiser.dds
damagetexture = Caldari Raven Cruiser_damaged.dds
hulktexture = Caldari Raven Cruiser_hulk.dds
width = 210
height = 210
powerproduced = 8
cost = 150
racename = caldari

well, for one, you’re supposed to only make one hull .txt file, and put it in data/hulls/caldari (make sure to make a folder for caldari) NOT data/ships. those are different kind of files. they look something like this:

name = death fighter
guiname = Death Fighter
hull = Federation Death Fighter Hull

[slots]
0 = Fighter Laser
1 = Fighter Engine
2 = Fighter Laser

I put the location of both files above the text. You’ll notice I have a ship text and a hull text for this single ship. (Not multiple ship/hull texts for one ship)

As I mentioned above I used this same process to create 3 working fighters and 3 working frigates. Although they are using my new graphics they are simply renamed ships from the game essentially. I just wanted to get the ships created so I can just spend the majority of the time on the ship’s variables and the modules. But, when I do this same thing for a cruiser it doesn’t seem to work.

In the hull text I tried removing all the modules to see if maybe there was a problem but that didn’t seem to make anything different. I have yet to clear out the paradise cruiser settings inside the ship file but I have a feeling that may resolve my issue but I still need to know why.

I have a feeling that there is something wrong or missing with the new race I have created because of the message in the log. I wish it was just a little more detailed.

I think the error is in the name of the file you are using in the “name” line.
Try changing
to
name = Caldari Raven Cruiser
which should match the actual filename.

we happened to post nearly the exact same time, but I guess I should have modified my very first post.

I did update the name with the name of the file because it was in the error log. Once that was change the error wasn’t in the log anymore. Please read the post above yours though, maybe you can still help!

Thanks

P.S. it is awesome how fast you can level your forum account up by posting so little :smiley:

That error message:

Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_Race.cpp,linenum:70,build:Full 1.26

Means there are no crew names defined for that race. The crew need names :smiley:

Thank you thank you! I knew it would be something simple even if it was simply I’m retarded :smiley: