Problems with right side of screen flashing

First, I want to say that I loved the demo and couldn’t grab my credit card fast enough to purchase the full game. :smiley:

I played the full version without a problem two days ago, but when I tried to play yesterday the entire right side of the screen kept flashing (the section where your kudos level is shown and all of your levels).

I’m running Vista and have a ATI Radeon X1300 Pro graphics card.

Any suggestions? This is really annoying! Thanks in advance!

Hmmm. no idea, but I recall this particular card being mentioned by someone else who had some problems with another of my games. Perhaps this card enables some suspicious ‘features’ that conflict with the engine somehow. It’s worth getting the latest drivers, and then fiddling with the option.
If the game used to work, but doesn’t now, and nothings changed, it could be something going physically wrong, such as the PC overheating, or the card needing ‘re-seating’ (taking out and putting back in). If the game ever worked, it should always work, barring something external going wrong.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m wondering if it might be a conflict with another program. I restarted my computer and restarted Kudos, and it started working fine. Then the flashing began, presumably when another behind the scenes application opened. Do you think it could have something to do with an anti-virus or firewall program?

very hard to tell, although it is certainly possible.

I had the same problem. Are you running Vista? When I turned off the Windows Sidebar the flashing stopped.

Hope that helps.

YESSSS! Thank you so much PixieLittle! Turning off the sidebar worked like a charm. :smiley: