profit margin is of the hooks

hello all. so i did a calculation of the profit margin and i find the “fair price” to be just about the price of the car with all accessorys added and bought (nothing made).

this also takes in consideration that i dont apply the robot steps a fully processde vehicle should take about 3 minute 30 sec irl. (3.5 hours ingame)

however not having exact figure infront of me the added value of the car with all the updates end up at 34000, this gives a profit value of 18.000, and this still without making any parts…

i suggest that the car value needs to be tweeked alot to avoid people running in to endgame level after 1 irl hour.

also currently research cost is simulated purely thru enginnering hours. it should also cost money to research items du to the fact that there are alot of development costs that goes in to programs.

Afaik the upgrades you can research and then buy are a big Problem: they only cost moneyonce. They actually should cost you something every time they are installed as they also bring you money every time.

they do cost you everytime in added material cost and assembly time.

its just that its alot lower then the actual profit, so it needs to be rebalanced.

Here i was not able to put out notes.
Basicly line 1 is the name of the part, line 2 is the cost if you buy it. line 4 is the cost if you make it.
Everything is disregarding the cost of operators and assembly times

However.

the “Fair price” of the car is fair if you use no upgrades or make any parts.

the “Fair price” 16000 is about 13000 profit if you make everything yourself.

on top of that, if you make all upgrades you get an addition 7100$ in profit.

so.

1, “Fair price” 16000 (cost if you buy everything 9147 + assembly time) profit about 6000$/vehicle
2, “Fair price” 16000 (cost if you make everything 2619 + assembly time) profit about 13000$/vehicle
3, “Fair price” 16000 (cost if you buy everything 9147 + assembly time) profit about 6000$/vehicle

• full upgrade = 26000 (cost if you buy all parts 11898 + assembly time) profit abou 14000$ / vehicle
    4, “Fair price” 16000 (cost if you buy everything 9147 + assembly time) profit about 6000$/vehicle
  • full upgrade = 26000 (cost if you buy all parts 11898 + assembly time) profit abou 14000$ / vehicle
    5, “Fair price” 16000 (cost if you make everything 2619 + assembly time) profit about 13000$/vehicle
  • full upgrade = 26000 (Cost if you make all parts 5000 + assembly time) profit about 21000$/vehicle

This will change as I introduce more subcomponents. For example electric windows also involve buying a servo for each window. We will eventually have chips and sensor components required for stuff like automatic headlights and windscreen wipers, parking sensors and so on…
Right now its just pending artwork and some more testing.

i had a fjew minutes over at work today and tracked all parts needed for every change and i figured that it just wasnt implemented yet. started to concider to put it in but i think for now i will just wait for the official version :wink:

but this upgrade thingy is the main reason to the end game economics.

I kinda like the boosted profits for now, makes it a lot easier to build everything in order to test it all. Would be a pain if you had to play for a few weeks to build and test everything in a new patch.
In early development stages it’s important to get the core mechanics all worked out and as bug free as possible. Balancing is something you do all the way in the end.

If you want to save time just change your mission.txt file so that you start with more cash and buy a ton of research stations, then once everything is unlocked, sell the research stations and save the game and use it as a template for new games.